31st January 2022

31st January 2022

Au- ???

Ship- Rocket duo

Idea- Halloween party

528 words

-

A specific platonic pairing were just about to get ready for a halloween party that one of their very good friends had set up. The ‘theme’ was couples costumes. There was a whole ordeal with a stupid spin wheel with all their friends names on it. Randomly choosing the couples for that evening.

Luckily the two that had gotten picked were already planning to go together.

Now, with couples costumes there were many categories that could be worn. You have sexy, (them really cringe ones that all the ‘cool’ couples wore), the cheesy ones, (like a black cat or a bloody cheerleader) or you had the good, unique costumes that actually went together. They were the best. And this pairing was perfect for that category. 

Niki and Jack, also known as the Rocket duo, were planning to go as Team Rocket from the Pokémon series. Having Niki’s cat, Zuko, step in for the place of Meowth. 

At that moment, the two were doing a little shopping spree for the right clothing items. 

The two had wandered into a craft store, realizing that the 'R' on the shirts would have to be painted on by hand. And Red paint was the plan!

-

"Jack look!" Niki pointed out, poking her finger straight at the lable that said 'Red fabric paint'. Obviously there was none, it was out of stock. 

"Pen?" Jack questioned, both the Europeans nodding at each other going on a short hunt for some red fabric markers. Luckily they were in stock and reasonably priced, so they picked up a few of them and paid, leaving the shop with the goods.

-

The day of the party had arrived. It was mid day and the Rocket duo were sitting in Niki's apartment living room. All their clothes set out for crafting.

The two grabbed the plain white shirts, tracing a rather chonky letter 'R' in pencil.

"Now we colour it." Niki instructed, passing Jack a pen who gave her a nod in a thankful way. 

Niki uncapped the pen, using wide stripes of color to cover the fabric from white into red.

It didn't take long for the two to be ready for cutting. They had put on some music to make the time pass faster.

Niki had collected a pair of scissors from the Kitchen, cutting her fabric into a sharp triangle. Cutting through the big 'R' in the centre. She was constantly checking at photo reference photos to check if it was a carbon copy of the design.

Jack had looked confused at the fabric. Judging by Niki's costume. 

"Do I…-" He began, Niki taking his shirt from him. Chopping a smaller triangle that came just under the 'R' for him.

"Thanks." Jack grinned, standing up from the floor. "Let's go try these on!" Jack said, collecting the clothes for his costume and left the room.

-

Niki knocked on the front door of Dreams House. It had quickly opened, revealing a half dressed- dog Dream, and a cat George in the background.

"Prepare for trouble." Niki began, leaning against the air where Jack would slot into.

"And make it double." Jack finished, placing himself back-to-back with Niki.