18th January 2022

18th January 2022

Au- ???

Ship- Dreamnotfound

Idea- A and B adopting an orphan

506 words

It had felt like the adoption papers and legal documents had been signed years ago. But in fact they had been signed about six months ago. The adoption documents and signage had only just come in use. Now watch two young, and definitely not ready parents, scramble around their tiny apartment, to get ready for their new son.

-

The older, but shorter, of the two new fathers had been awake since the early hours of the morning. He would usually stay in and sleep till midday, but this was an acceptation.

He had this panic rush steaming throughout his veins, if he was going to be a good parent or if the child was going to hate him. Of course in the end the kid was going to be happy if he had a warm bed to sleep in for the night.

A deep clean of the house was due, and obviously the second father wouldn't bother to do it.

-

Both adults had been through the adoption process. But actually being adopted themselves. George, the panicked one, had been adopted by his dad and his partner (his other dad). They had adopted George first, waiting a few years before heading down to Mexico to pick up George's younger brother Quackity.

Whereas Dream, the one who was still sleeping, had been adopted by his mom, who happily already had a five year old at home, but missed the love of a baby.  That's where Dream came in.

Both sets of parents had grown up together, and were excited when either one adopted a new baby. So both Dream and George had grown up together, and had the time to take their relationship slow and steady.

-

Seven AM had rolled around. And Dream was still asleep.

George had completely finished all his cleaning and even packed the car with some new toys and plushies for the child. The centre where they were adopting from, was one for children with rough childhoods. They hadn't been treated correctly by their birth parents, and needed somewhere safe to live.

The male himself had been adopted there by his fathers. Which he had definitely been grateful for. Yeah, George's first years of life were rough. Luckily he was in a safe environment to help him become more comfortable around people. And that's what he planned to do with this child.

As he thought, George slowly began to pace around the house. back and forth. Waiting for the time to leave.

-

In his arms slept his new child. His sunshine. Baby Tommy. Yeah... they had not experienced him when he was awake yet. The new family were on their way home, Dream driving so George could protect Tommy in his arms. The child hasn't really done a lot... just slept. Both George and Dream understood that it was a tiring, and long process, getting adopted. So they let the youngling sleep.

-

"Tommy no!"

At the shouting of his name, the child ran away with a quiet giggle. Yeah that kid was a rascal.