Chapter 11 - Childhood

Dante's pov -

I just got back home from having the most delicious snack. I licked my lips just thinking of him and the way his body moved as I continue to suck him until he came into my mouth. He was a sight to behold and I was lucky to have the chance to even touch him.

Grayson was very closed off. Yes, we did talk a lot about some of the things in our past. We hung out all the time. Especially, with his brothers. Yet, I still didn't know the full Grayson. I knew he was hiding things just like I was myself. So I couldn't blame him.

When I first met Grayson I thought he was cute. Something else drew me to him though. I didn't know what it really was and I couldn't explain it to you if you asked me. He made me feel different.

I flirt with almost everyone and in the beginning, when I met Grayson I flirted with him because I liked the way he got riled up. Most people I've dated girls and guys would just open up their legs. They were just flings or in the moment kinds of things. They didn't really interest me at the end of the day. Grayson is the first person I met that was different from most. It piqued my interest.

As soon as I walked into the living room my mother was laid out on the sofa couch passed out. I notice a bottle of liquor and a pill bottle with the prescription Scratched off laying on the floor beside her. I sighed and picked up both of the items and held the medication to my eye level to see if there was any left. I gave my mother one last look and went into the half-assed updated kitchen.

I always had to take care of my mother and myself since I was young. Once my dad left us my mother went completely downhill. Between her taking drugs, bringing men in and out of the house, and beating me. I never had someone that made me feel comfortable or want to actually be around. It was just me most of the time anyway.

I always blamed myself for my mother's bad habits and for my father leaving. It didn't help my mothers that I was an exact copy of my dad. It basically reminded her every day of what he did.

I threw the pill bottle in the trash and cleaned up the kitchen a little. Since my mother was so depressed and constantly off drugs she didn't clean much. I took care of both of us. That's the whole reason we had to come back here.

I've lied about some things to Grayson that I now regret. At the moment, I lied because I didn't know who Grayson really was. I still don't and that's why I have yet to utter the truth. I had deep trust issues, obviously.

I've lived in North Carolina most of my life. I moved here from Italy when my father ran off with his whore. Some of my best friends live here and my annoying as fuck cousin. He helps me run the business. The word "gang" sounded cringe and terrible. We were more of a family. I've been lifelong friends with everyone in the business. When we decided to start all this we were young and dumb kids. Wanting to help our families survive and be content. Now it's turned into a four-year-long shit show.

We sell drugs, and weapons, and deal with shipments coming into North Carolina for the Italian mafia and because of that, I have a lot of street credit. Most of the other gangs that were around here knew about me and my business. It put me on edge sometimes knowing how many people knew what I do. People snitch or try to start a war over money and drugs. I didn't want to be part of any of it.

I liked running my business peacefully. Money flows in and out daily. I didn't need to worry about other motherfucker's. Just my personal life and business. The money was paying for a home in a good community right next to the sexiest boy. I pay for all bills concerning my mom or me.

Sooner or later I hope I can give Grayson the same luxury of having or getting whatever he wanted or needed at my expense. I didn't want him to question where I was getting money from since I didn't have a job like him. It would just be too soon.

After finishing cleaning up in the kitchen. I headed to my room which was on the right side of the house. It was a pretty basic room. Black comforter and sheets on a queen-sized bed. There was a 42-inch flat-screen tv hung up on the wall in front of my bed. A nightstand that held my gun and knives. Along with a closet on the left side of the room next to the door.

I took off my shirt and jeans before flopping back onto the bed with just my boxers on. I placed my hands behind my head and took a deep breath relaxing into the memory foam mattress. I felt my arms brush my short hair and I sighed. The popcorn ceiling stared back at me and my mind started to wander as usual when I was alone.

December 12th, 2008

I stood over my mother's broken form. She was cold almost lifeless. Her lips were purple and her eyes were rolled into the back of her head. I dropped the needle as if it had burnt my hand. Chills ran over my body at the realization that my mother may be dead.

I could hear my heartbeat inside my head. It was loud like a drum. My ears pounding and ringing this annoying bell noise. I didn't understand what was happening to my body. All this noise... I was only 8 and didn't know what my mother was doing with those needles. I thought doctors only used them to give people shots in their arms so that they won't get sick. I guess I was wrong.

Mommy had marks all over her arm from puncturing her skin with this evil needle. I didn't know what was in it but it hurt her really bad but also made her happy.

I shook her lifeless body again. Still, no response or even yelling as she always does. I stood up and went and grabbed the house phone. Like she taught me I call 911 because it was an emergency. I stayed with mommy and held her hand until they arrived. I opened the door for the police and they rushed in immediately attending to her needs. I stood off far into the dark corner waiting to see what would happen.

I couldn't lose her. That one thought kept going through my racing mind.

I see a dark shadow than a man comes squat in front of me. He was dark skin with chocolate brown eyes and a bald head. He smiled at me gently and held out his hand. I took his warm large hand and he lead me outside where there were an ambulance and police cars. He sat me on top of one of the police cars and stood in front of me.

"That was your mother correct, son?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Yes," I nodded. He then gave me a small frown and then patted my shoulder.

"Everything's gonna be okay, ok?"

"Ok, sir."

Nothing would've ever been okay after.

I took a deep breath not wanting to take a trip down memory lane of all the bad shit that happened after that day. I shook off my nerves and turned my body over so I was looking out the window. I see Grayson's window but his curtains and blinds are closed because he says I'm a Chester. Which is a term for a molester, his words. He laughed when he said it and calls me that whenever I stare at him for too long. If it was just a joke then I was fine with it.

My phone started ringing and I groaned hoping it wasn't who I thought it was. I scrambled in my sheets until I found the device lying underneath me. My cousin's name flashed on the phone and I answered with a deep annoyed sigh. I just wanted to rest tonight...

"Yes, Stefan?"

"We have a problem." 

Here we fucking go.