Chapter 3 - Running √

"Goodnight boys." Sandra smiled before walking off to her room. The three of us sat in the living room as 'Hey Arnold' played as it was late at night. It was Friday night and three days now since I got out of the hospital. There was still a serious pain in my stomach as my ribs were bruised. I've been being taken care of like a baby. Even my brothers have been babying me they even tried to feed me soup. They think they are funny when they're obviously not.

These past three days all I could think about was Dante and running away. As well as, what Dante said to me at the hospital and the fact that the boy was my next-door neighbor. The words keep replaying in my head and I'm questioning myself. I don't know if I should say sorry or just move on. I knew the dude for only a couple of days now and he irks my nerves. He's cocky, selfish, and an asshole altogether. 

Running away though was a whole other decision. I've been debating on if I should go and there have been 5 times when I just stared at my duffle bag. I could just pack up and leave. If I got to my friend's house I would be taken care of and I could just get another job. I would send my brother letters and call them all the time. They wouldn't miss me too much.

Tonight is the night I might just finally decide to do it. The more I keep talking about it, it's not gonna happen. I just have to make my move now. I have everything packed and ready to go. This definitely won't be the last night I spend with my brothers. There will be many more to come.

I just had to get the fuck away from here. I thought after we finally met Sandra and she took us in like she was a real mother it made me believe that nothing bad would ever happen again. My fucking luck I was completely blinded by my inner child being loved by someone I could possibly call my parent. I shivered as I thought of the events from a while ago constantly replaying them in my head. 

I would keep in contact with Fern and visit him all the time. He wouldn't be too sad, I was nobody important. I was done with the bullshit in school and done jumping from home to home. With the shit that just happened, they most likely were gonna take us away maybe even split us all up this time.

"I'm gonna go jack off catch you'll later." Lorenzo stood walking away.

"TMI" Daniel shouted.

"Guess that's my cue as well got to get some extra studying in," Daniel said patting my knee before walking to his room.

I sighed grabbing the remote and turning the tv off. Right now was a perfect time and all I had to do was grab my bag and go to the train station. The train left at 7:00 am but I was going to a motel for the night until the time came. It was best I leave at night than during the morning because chances were I would get caught. I looked into the darkness as the tv was the only thing that lit the room a second ago, as I neared my room I felt on the walls until I was standing in front of my door.

Opening it, it creaked slowly making me close the door quickly. The house had one floor making my escape so much easier. I didn't want to take the risk of getting caught so through the window it was. I walked to my closet grabbing the duffle bag before taking it over to the wide window. I slid the screen looking down. It was barely a drop. I threw the bag on the ground out the window watching it fall with a small thud. 

I looked back to the closed wooden door breathing a sigh. I repeated to myself that this was a good thing. I stepped on the iron heater that connected to the bottom of the wall and climbed out the window. My feet soon planted on the hard ground and I turned around quickly to close the window.

My eyes teared up a little as I looked into my bedroom from the window. Sandra wasn't my real mom but it definitely felt like it. As for my brothers, I always had them around so I knew it would be hard distancing myself making my chest ache.