Chapter 4 - Babysitting √

"First off, when I tried to leave yesterday and I ended up going back inside to find my brothers waiting for me. They know I tried to sneak away and now they're pissed at me" I frowned and he just listened to me patiently. "I also have yet to tell Fern and he's gonna be the most pissed" I muttered rubbing my forehead.

"Just do what's right. Like what my dad used to say the arguments and fights you have with people in the present won't matter because you will barely remember them in the next 5 to 10 years. Just get it over with. I'm pretty sure Fern would forgive you" he assured me with confidence and I bit my lip debating his words.

"You know, you're right. I should just let my brothers cool down and talk to Fern" I nodded my head accepting the newfound plan.

"I'm always right" he nodded his head as well. "Yeah, okay" I mumbled sarcastically and he looked at me with a raised brow. "Only on this occasion" I agreed.

"Watcha doing after work?" he questioned as he bit into his freshly cooked burger.

"Something boring, why?" I asked.

"Maybe you'll like to do something later" he shrugged his shoulders avoiding my eyes for a moment. "Hmm, like what?" I spoke turning on my phone to see the time of day.

"We can talk a walk or something. Doesn't really matter to me" he suggested. I didn't think it would be that bad but if I say yes I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way. "Sure, just let me finish up work" I let out a small smile which he grinned at smoothly.

"Hey! Grayson come here a second!" Angie called over from the kitchen.

"I'll be right back, give me five minutes" I huffed pushing off the counter. I ran up to her and she looked stressed. She rubbed her forehead before scratching her neck. I looked down at the phone in her hand and realized maybe she got a bad call.

"What's up?" I asked ready to get off the clock soon.

"I have to ask you a huge favor," she said already looking guilty. "Can you babysit my siblings for me tonight" she questioned with her hands squeezed together tightly. Her baby face features made her look even more kidlike and I could feel myself already agreeing. My mind wanted to say 'fuck no, I'm tired' but my heart couldn't do it.

"Am I getting paid?" I raised my brow.

"Yes! Yes!" She grinned nodding her head.

"Yeah, sure." I shrugged and she started jumping up and down in excitement.

"You're the best." she smiled hugging me. "I can drop them off at your house if you want. So, I can just save you some gas money too." She said pulling out her phone to text her family.

"Thanks and yeah that's fine Sandra wouldn't mind. I'll let you know when it's best to drop them off." I said grabbing some orders that were ready to be served.

"Kk, thanks babes." she smooched me on the cheek.

"No problem, hun." I chuckled turning back around to finish up my shift. I sighed thinking about the rough night ahead. Hopefully, Dante and I can finish our walk in time.

"Hey listen we might have to cut our walk short a little have to get back home to babysit" I sighed out to Dante.

"Babysit?" He questioned amused and I nodded my head.

"I'll help" he shrugged with a smile.

"Wait huh?" My eyes widened shocked at his response.

"You heard me" he smirked.

"You're not getting paid" I placed a hand on my hip and he raised an eyebrow with a laugh. "I know that I just want to be around you" he smirked making the tips of my ear turn a dark shade of red.