Prologue ✓

"Chickens really do cross roads, huh?" said a deep voice with an Italian accent from behind me.

Panic filled my whole body not knowing who it was lurking behind me. If I had put my hand to my chest, I would have felt my heart almost jump out of my chest. I clenched my eyes shut before whipping around to the voice to see a figure in the dark. The figure stepped out to reveal the boy from next door making me blush slightly.

Lord, why him?

"What do you want?" I asked with squinted eyes and his amused smirk pissed me off. He shrugged his shoulders stepping closer to me and making me take a step backward on the sidewalk. The street was closer than before. I looked up at him to see him staring intently at me making a shiver run through my body.

"Where are you wandering off this late at night?" he questioned looking briefly at the road and then back to me.

"Why are you lurking in the dark like some weirdo?" I quirked my brow.

"If your planning on making a dumb decision don't do it," he said nonchalantly.

"Why?" I questioned unsurely.

"Once you leave your life will change and it's most likely gonna be shit," he shrugged before turning away and entering back into the shadows leaving me confused. What he said made the question that was in the back of my mind come full force.

Should I stay or should I go?