Chapter 17 - New Beginnings ✓

Today we were moving into our new home. Everything was already packed into the trucks this morning. My brothers and I had to go to school while Sandra began setting up the house with the help of the moving company. I was eager to see what our new house looked like and how my room was going to be. The change felt incredible.

Throughout my classes, I was giddy just wanting the school day to be over with so I could meet Sandra at our new house. I guess it became too much at a certain point because Fern had to tell me to settle down when he watched me bounce my knee up and down consistently. I exhaled a large amount of air from my lungs to help calm my animated mood.

I wanted Brandon to be at my house for dinner tonight though he said he had some other friends in North Carolina that he was visiting. So, he would come to visit tomorrow when we were settled. This was abnormal to me because I never heard of Brandon having any other friends besides his cousins but I didn't question it as long as he spent some time with me before he decided to head back home to New York.

As soon as the bell rang I leaped out of my seat. Fern laughed at me as I nearly busted my ass trying to leave the room making me give him my favorite finger. He would've been coming with me but he wanted to stay away from Lorenzo for a period of time, which I understood. My brother was too afraid to admit he liked him. I knew it was because he didn't want to let Fern down. Yet, he could never be happy if he's too scared to get close to people.

Dante drove me there and my brothers rode together. We followed behind them to the address that Sandra gave us and I started to get suspicious when we kept passing all the beautiful large houses. We eventually arrived at our destination. I immediately thought this was some sick joke. No way we're going to be living here.

The house had a long driveway that led up to a beige stone house with large windows on the bottom & first floor. There were stone steps leading up to a porch and there stood two large glass doors with a white border around them. We all walked up the steps in disbelief and awe.

"Are we at the right address? Maybe you put it in the GPS wrong." I turned to Daniel and he scowled at me.

"I know how to work a GPS. I'm not 85 years old." He said making my upper lip twitch. He grabbed the door handle and pushed the door open. I went to curse him out for opening some stranger's home until I heard Sandra's voice telling someone where to put something.

"Wow, I didn't even know if I put it into the GPS right. I just said fuck it." Daniel cackled quietly to himself and I smacked him upside the head. He tended to be impulsive.

"Boys?" Sandra yelled out and she came out from a hallway on the right side of the foyer. There was a staircase on the left leading upstairs. In the middle was another hallway leading out to the large kitchen that had a white granite island table with a sink built into it.

"Is this our new home, Sandra?" I grinned ready to jump on her and give her a hug.

"Yes, and I know that you guys are probably wondering how I was able to afford this. That question will be answered soon but for now, let's hold off on that. Just enjoy yourselves and pick out your rooms." She smiled warmly before trying to rush off.

"Why can't you tell us now?" Lorenzo asked and I stared at him wondering why he couldn't be patient. Her right eye twitched at Lorenzo's questioning but nonetheless answered willingly "Well... I guess I can say a little bit" she murmured. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath almost like she was trying to calm her nerves.

"I met somebody and they are really sweet. They know about you guys and accept you proudly if you will let them." She explained.

"They want to start a relationship with you guys and then move in slowly. But, they won't unless you guys are ok with that. I put my babies before anything." She said proudly and stood with her hands on her hips. I laughed at her and she blinked before staring at me like I grew a 2nd head.