Chapter 1 - #1 Household ✓

"Finally!" I moaned loudly flopping onto my bed face first.

The bed creaked loudly making me roll my eyes underneath my closed lids. I felt the unpleasant ache that settled in my back and feet making me grunt. It was hard working eight hours straight on your feet with one break. My shift at 'The Holiday Dinner' as a waiter was tiring due to deal rude ass customers and dumb co-workers. Dealing with the workers alone was a job. How is stubbing your toe funny? It fucking hurts!

"Get your fat ass up dinners here." I felt a kick to my legs and turned my head to look over at my brother Lorenzo with a scowl.

"What?" He questioned innocently.

"I told you to stop kicking me before I kick your head in." I gruffed out and rolled off the bed to place my feet on the floor in front of him.

"What are you going to do pipsqueak? I'm right here," he smirked towering over my 5'7 being at 6'2 himself.

"Ugh!" I growled pushing him aside.

I could hear his laughter as I walked away making me roll my eyes. I sniffed the air smelling the fried chicken from what I assume is Popeyes. Sandra aka my foster mom brought food home again! I entered the white brick-walled kitchen with an old white tiled floor that was slowly turning an ugly brown. The dark wooden table held six people and was centered in the middle of the kitchen. I sat down with my other brother Daniel who nodded his head at me before biting into a chicken leg.

We were all real brothers and it was a miracle we all stayed together after being in and out of the foster system. Sandra's house wasn't our permanent residence and I wish it was. She was one of the nicest foster parents we've ever had. She treated us right compared to the others.

Yeah, she didn't have much money but she took care of us and feed us that's all I could ask for. A foster parent just takes care of a child or more before they either get adopted until they're old enough, or the foster parent doesn't want to care for them anymore.

Sandra's dark brown smooth hand came into view and I looked up at her. Her curly hair went down to her shoulders in kinky curls. Her almond-shaped brown eyes showed amusement as she looked at me. She smacked her teeth playfully before piling chicken onto my plate with some mashed potatoes and gravy. I licked my lips while picking up a chicken breast and digging in.

Lorenzo came in a second later his golden brown hair was spiked up and his sides were cut in a low fade. He always made sure he was cleaned and looked spiffy at all costs. His hooded aqua colored eyes were staring intently at his plate of food that sat on the table. His skin was the same color as all of ours a shade of warm beige. His broad shoulders and toned arms flexed for a second as he spoke.

"Wipe your face, weirdo," Lorenzo said to Daniel who gave him the finger.

"Hey! What do I tell you guys about disrespecting each other? If you can't respect others how are you gonna respect yourselves." Sandra announced with a hand on her forehead.

"I have respect for myself," Lorenzo said with a small smirk.

"Well, next time you don't show respect you're walking the neighbors' dogs and that's a whole lot of shit to pick up." Sandra shrugged sitting down in her seat across from Daniel and me.

Lorenzo punched Daniel on the shoulder causing him to break out of his daze. Daniel blinked back at my brother who stared back nonchalantly even though he knew Daniel was pissed.

"Aw, you mad lil bro?" Lorenzo teased and Daniel glared silently not saying anything as his brain didn't allow him to.

"Lorenzo got to your room now you're just being a bully at this point," Sandra said sternly once she had enough. The man child sighed before grabbing his plate of food and stepping out leaving three out of four of us. I understood why she was mad and I was a little pissed myself.