Chapter 2 - A Little Of Fern ✓

"Basketball tryouts after school. So, you guys are gonna either have to stay and watch or find a ride," Lorenzo announced as walked ahead of us down our school's main hallway not even stopping to see if we heard him.

Daniel paused in his steps to face me at Lorenzo's words. "You staying?" he questioned and I remembered I was supposed to go shopping for some new clothes after school. Though, watching a bunch of hot boys playing basketball seemed far more entertaining. There was no shame as I cheerfully made my mental decision.

"I think I might decide to try out too. I have nothing better to do during my day," he spoke out loud and I hummed my approval.

"Lorenzo's gonna be pissed now," I stated with a snicker and he scrunch his forehead in confusion. "There's going to be someone with the same skills but even better. To see the look on his face." I smirked and he stared on amusedly.

"Ha! I wouldn't say I'm better but that fucker needs to learn to give up that major ego every once in a while" he agreed with a brief chuckle.

"So...What is it going to be?" he rushed me on knowing the bell was going to ring any second.

"I'll be there. Text me if anything changes" I said grasping the strap of my backpack to put it over my shoulder.

The bell rang loudly making me groan lowly and the both of us parted ways. As I moved down the hallway my mind silently wandered which often happened when I was by myself. I looked at all the different groups of people realizing high school is nothing like what they promote on tv.

My school was fairly normal and some things in the environment were typical. I told myself when we moved I wouldn't get close to anybody ever again and would distance myself from classmates. The universe said uno reverse and gave me the most unusual best friend I could ever ask for, Fern. He undoubtedly changed my hard-headed goal.

Fern is the first person I've ever considered to be my brother without having my blood. We only knew each other for a year but I knew our friendship was something special. The way we met was hilarious and we've been inseparable ever since. As we started spending our days together I saw how much of a sweet soul he held inside him.

The motherfucker was sarcastic, funny, and confident as hell. He did not let himself be put down for being slightly overweight. I loved him for his fluff it was so much better to cuddle with him than anyone else. He also always knows how to bring a smile to my face.

I sat in my first class of the day already dreading the good morning speech that Ms.Julie preached every day like clockwork. Her precise prewritten verse now embedded into everyone's brain, was supposed to inspire kids. I liked that she tried but for most people in this class, there was no hope.

I spotted Fern who had his backpack placed on my seat as usual. His pale face and doe brown eyes lit up at the sight of me.

I made my way over to him and he snatched his bag from the chair to pat the seat with his palm. I snickered at him as I plopped down in the seat and threw my backpack on the floor not bothering to take out any utensils.

"Damn fucker where's my thank you." He playfully rolled his eyes his plump pink lips pulling up into a cute pout as his nose turned up a little. "

"Sorry didn't know I had to say thank you to you these days," I smirked teasingly and he stared at me from the corner of his eye. "You're about to get an eye spasm if you move that eye any further to the side of your head." I chuckled and his lips twitched up into a smile.

"Don't test the waters with me, okay?" He voiced calmly glancing at the sheet that was passed out to us. "Sure, Fern." I hummed amusedly and he narrowed his eyes before kicking my foot in a teasing manner.