Three

Before sunrise Demi found herself awake

Before sunrise Demi found herself awake. She couldn't sleep and she sighed heavily.

"Good morning Ollie," she said to the empty room.

Her parents were supposed to tell them what guests they were having later in the day but for now Demi had to find something to do.

She showered before slipping into a small yellow button up dress with short sleeves.

She pursued her lips as she stood in the mirror, looking between the brush, to her hair

Does she feel like tackling that job?

Then back to her hair, that was wavy today. It tickled her knees. Demi loved how long her hair was but brushing it- oh gods she didn't want to think about it.

"No I don't think so," she brushed her fingers through what she could reach. She pulled it into pig tails lazily.

Demi trailed out of the house while humming to herself. She matched the humming she heard around her, but another song caught her attention.

The town itself was quiet seeing as no one was awake. Other than the patrol it'd be a ghost town for a while.

The song was dreary, it was also far away. Somewhere deep in the forest there was a dark magic that called to her.

This magic seemed depressed.

Her face twisted in distaste, she did not like depressed magic. It wasn't her taste.

She decided to walk the perimeter herself. The magic was getting louder, it was soothing to her though.

She looked out over the forest, smiling as she remembered her and her siblings getting chased by their parents through here.

Her brows furrowed as she didn't catch the scent of any familiar guards. Before she knew it she was breaching the end of her families territory.

Just as she was about to smack herself for being so paranoid she paused. A shiver ran down her spine before the faint thumping of paws could be heard in the distance. The melodic cries of that same magic was practically on top of her.