Thirteen

Demi babbled nervously as her brothers glared daggers at Onyx

Demi babbled nervously as her brothers glared daggers at Onyx. The wolf was still pinning her to the counter with his own hips, he had yet to let go of her jaw.

Onyx glared back at her brothers.

"We heard you were attacked Demi?" Kekoa ignored the tension, not surprised by the turn of events.

Demi snapped out of her nerves and pressed her hands to Onyx's chest. He immediately backed away, trailing his hands down her hips before letting her go.

She leapt to hug her sister, "I-I'm okay it was just scary. Sylvester was with me, Onyx and Dad came."

"They were on the territory?" Knox snarled.

Demi nodded slowly. She flinched as Knox slammed his fist into the wall.

Ezra shoved him away, "Chill the fuck out! You're not helping anything!"

"They could've taken her! Right under our fucking noses Ezra! You want me to chill out- fuck outta here!" Knox shoved him back.

The both of them lunged at one another, Kekoa threw her hand out. A glowing pink shield appeared between the two and they both slammed into it.

Demi sighed loudly. "Where's mom and dad?" Kekoa asked as she looked down at her.

"Sleeping I think, so if those two could shut up that'd be great."

"Why don't you stay with Lacey and I for a little bit? Maybe it'll give you some space from everything?" Keko's eyes darted back to Onyx who watched them. He sneered at the idea of 'space' at this current moment. Wasn't that the whole opposite of what they were supposed to be doing now?

Demi smiled at the thought. Lacey was Kekoa's hell hound mate, the two women met four years ago. Lacey had been away on assignment and would be back to stay with Kekoa in their cabin soon.

"No, I'm okay Keke," Demi smiled at her.

"Alright Mimi," Kekoa pet her hair in a motherly manner.

"Demi, you should rest." Onyx's gruff voice spoke lowly. Ezra turned his attention back to him.

"I'm still trying to figure out why you're here, wolf?"

Demi flushed red and Onyx scoffed at him. His mate glanced back at him as if to check it was alright for her to spill the beans.

His black eyes met hers and he slowly nodded.

"Onyx is my mate. We've been working things out, he was checking on me."

The twins both took a sharp breath. They were both looking pale.

Knox glanced at Ezra, mouthing 'what the fuck'.

"Y-You're so young!" Knox blanched.

Demi furrowed her brow with a funny look. "I'm twenty."

"And we're twenty two and haven't found our mates! That is not fair!"