Forty Two

Onyx held his phone to his ear as he walked outside of the cabin

Onyx held his phone to his ear as he walked outside of the cabin. He listened to Demetri on the other end of the line.

"No Bordoa, I'm not letting her near the fucking place stop worrying," he huffed.

"You send my pack down here and we'll handle it."

"The twins come too." Demetri demanded his daughter be with her brothers if they were attacking.

"Deal." Onyx ran a hand through her hair, he glanced up to see Demi skipping towards him.

"I always forget you have a phone," Demi spoke mostly to herself. Her family was never big on phones, using their magic to communicate.

"Who're you talkin' to?" she placed her hands on his side while grinning up at her mate. He smiled down at her while brushing a hand down her ponytail.

Before he could answer a voice grew louder over the phone.

"Is that my pup?" Demi heard her father ask, she squealed.

"Pops!" She quickly took the phone to gush to her father about how she missed him.

"Have you both been safe? Are the wolves treating you right? You're not taking any unnecessary risks right?" Her father shot questions off quickly.

Demi nodded even though he couldn't see her, "Onyx is taking care of me."

Her mate rumbled as he was pleased with her answer.

"Daddy is mama there?" Demi rest her head against her mates chest while she nudged her foot in the grass. She jumped when she heard an echoing of chirping from the Void and felt Onyx rub her back.

"She's with your sister honey, do me a favor and put Onyx back on the phone? I need to tell him when I'm sending his pack."

She nodded obediently before peeking at her male, slowly she pressed the phone to his ear.

He grinned and pecked her gently. Demi observed him as he spoke seriously to her father.

Demi's head bobbed from side to side, admiring how handsome Onyx was. She trailed her hands down and squeezed his butt playfully.

His eyes darted to her own as he sucked in a breath. He pinched at her side while his face went pink.

Soon enough, Onyx hung up the phone and narrowed his eyes down at his mate.

He jumped when Demi pinched his firm cheeks once again. "You're so cute," she nuzzled into his chest.

Onyx scoffed and lifted her up, "You're ridiculous."

Demi stuck her tongue out at him, "Are you happy today?"

His brows rose in mild surprise, taken aback by the question. "I'm happy everyday with you by my side."