Eighteen

Demi was currently trying to convince Onyx to come swim with her

"But you said you would!"

Her siblings and Cash had come to apologize a while ago. Cash informed her he still wanted to spend time with her in the pool, and it wasn't optional.

Onyx however, wanted to focus on their plans to raid Lake Geneva soon. He still had a job to do, this wasn't a vacation.

He wanted to spend time with Demi, but he had responsibilities.

"I have to go talk to my guys about when we're leaving." Demi pouted immediately, sitting down defeated.

Onyx rest his hand on her head in attempt to soothe her.

"I have to get this done. I don't have time to go out 24/7 or do things for fun, not like you Demi. I have to make sure we're doing our best to keep you safe."

Demi furrowed her brow in mild displeasure, they'd just started to try for a relationship. She did important things.

She understands she's clingy and there are important things going on but she couldn't help but feel like he didn't like doing things with her, already.

Demi nodded, nonetheless. Onyx grunted, glad she wasn't pushing it further.

He reached to brush his thumb over her cheek gently. It was well into the end of the day, the sun was setting.

"I'll see you later," he mumbled as he stood over her. Demi nodded again as he squeezed her cheeks in goodbye. Demi slumped in her chair as he left promptly.

She stood up abruptly, she was going to put on a cute bikini- and feel pretty to make herself feel better.

She saw Cash and grinned at him, he was surprised when she gave him a hug.

"I know that yesterday and today have been hectic but I missed you. Forgot to tell you that when you were barging into my room," she squeezed him tight.

Cash smiled widely, hugging her back. "Missed you too."

"We can swim soon, the lights should be on in the pool," Demi sighed as she pulled away and started towards her room.

"Lover boy isn't here?" Cash looked around expecting to see Onyx attached to her side.

"No, he was busy."

Demi pushed her door open and began looking for a swimsuit.

••

Demi smiled as she saw Kekoa and Cash in the pool.

Kekoa clapped at the sight of her sister, "You look hot. Where's tall, dark, and handsome to rub up on you?"

 Where's tall, dark, and handsome to rub up on you?"