Fifty Two

Demi had her hair tied up as she moved their couch to where she wanted it exactly

Demi had her hair tied up as she moved their couch to where she wanted it exactly. She was in a small black skirt, and a tight tank top as she sweat from exertion while moving in.

She teleported outside to grab the coffee table and was back in seconds.

Demi picked out almost every piece of furniture in the house, meticulous about every detail. She had to reign in her desire for color for Onyx's sake- even though he gave her full control. She wanted it to feel like it was his as well.

They had a velvet, forrest green sectional in the living room. Demi positioned their dark wooden coffee table, needing everything to fit their theme. Comfy cottage, theme. The lighting was dim, how the wolf preferred as Demi had picked pops of color for decoration.

Demi had put together their room already, completely happy with how it turned out. Now it felt more like their bedroom than just hers.

Onyx pushed the door open just as she flopped down onto the plush couch.

"Going good?" He asked while leaning over the couch to look at her.

"Mhm, Doctor Finley is around here somewhere. He gave the living room two thumbs up."

Doctor Finley didn't have thumbs, she snorted.

He hummed in response with a nod, "It looks good, pretty girl. Want me to start painting you're art room upstairs?"

She slowly shook her head, "Mom said she'd help me with it while everyone's here. I'll be out to help with the other places soon."

Her hazel eyes wandered away as colors spiraled over their ceiling, making a mess of a rainbow.

He brushed her hair out of her eyes, "Okay. The teens are getting moved in with Georgie. He said he doesn't mind, since we can't have them living alone."

Demi smiled, "Soon we'll have people lined up at the entrance."

Onyx could only hope that was the case.

~

Demi was pretty spot on.

She'd heard a commotion from far away, having just finished painting with her mother she teleported the both of them outside.

"What the hell?" her mom placed her hands on her hips while looking around for everyone.

"Where'd my mate go?" Demi huffed while crossing her arms.

They walked through the town and Demi gasped when she saw her mate with narrowed eyes staring at a group of wolves at their entrance.

Demi squealed and ran to Onyx, she wrapped her arms around his middle but was promptly shoved behind him.

She frowned, "I told you they'd be lining up at the door." Onyx glanced back at her unamused.

"What's your business here?" The Alpha grumbled as he looked at the wolf in the front.