Fifty Four

Onyx sighed as Levi followed him around the pack grounds

The mutt had taken a liking to him and when Demi saw she had visibly lit up. She cooed about how it was because Onyx was such a good Alpha.

If the compliment hadn't gone to his head, Onyx was sure he'd have snapped by now.

Levi was asking questions about when he could contribute more to the pack. They had discussed patrol on the borders with a partner.

"You need training first."

Levi frowned, "I've gone this long without formal training. I've survived isn't that training enough?"

Onyx sneered, "No."

The Alpha took a deep breath, trying to keep himself from being irritated.

"The pack needs you at your best. I can't send you out there only to have you get hurt. You're a kid. And you're going to training."

Levi grumbled, watching the Alpha stop his paperwork. He followed Onyx to the kitchen, watching him wash his hands.

Onyx felt uncomfortable under the stare.

"Where is your brother?" He blurted, trying to think of a reason to get him to leave. The boy had been in his home since the morning.

"You wash your hands a lot. Are you a germaphobe? And Romans out with Delilah on a date."

Onyx rubbed his hands dry, "I have a mate. I wash my fucking hands if I'll be touching her."

Levi squinted as he thought about what his Alpha was saying.

"That's TMI, Alpha."

Onyx threw his hands up, slapping one over his eyes.

"So when can I start training?"

Onyx was ready to pull his hair out. "Why do you need to go to training? Aren't you like 18? You're in a new pack, go do something that kids do."

He leaned against the counter while staring exasperated at the strawberry blonde wolf.

Levi shrugged, "I owe it to you for taking in my family. I'm not going to sit around and waste the opportunity. I want to repay it to you and Luna."

Onyx relaxed a little, his glare softening slowly. "You don't have to make shit up to me or Demi. We're happy to have you, Levi. Go... do something with your life," Onyx waved in the general direction of outside.

"Well.. you're wedding is coming up so I can have fun then, boss."

Onyx felt anxiety seize him once more. The wedding, they spoke about bridezillas but Onyx may have a leg up on them.

He craved for everything to be perfect for Demi. They'd both gotten the plans cemented and now it was a matter of execution. He hounded on the few people involved, Elora coming around to help. The two of them were everyone's worst nightmare together when it came to this wedding.