Thirty Six

Demi was bidding everyone goodbye as Onyx clasped hands with Georgie

It'd taken a couple days to properly plan the trip to Onyx's previous pack.

Bear patted his back as Onyx sighed.

"You kinda dug yourself in a hole not telling her sooner," he winced.

Onyx glared, "I'm aware. Fuck, this is going to suck."

Onyx pushed his hair out of his face and glanced at Demi who was speaking animatedly to her brothers.

"It'll be fine, bossman," Quincey assured.

"Like anything ever ends up being fine, around here."

Soon enough, Elora was opening a portal for them to drive through. The idea is that they could cut down the drive time with the portal on the way. Onyx didn't want Demi having to teleport long distances unless absolutely necessary so when they decided to leave they could take the truck.

His mate reached and tugged his hand into her lap. Onyx glanced at her grip and back to the gravel road they rolled down. They were approaching the territory as the portal closed behind them.

"We're about a couple miles away," he informed her.

"Are you alright, Onyx? You've been quieter than usual." She knew he wasn't alright, obviously this wasn't his favorite place.

"I'll be fine..." he trailed off as they sped towards the pack lines.

He inhaled sharply as familiar terrain came into view, he slowed to a stop. He didn't want to cross into enemy lines unannounced. The warriors should sense him soon enough.

"Demi... I should tell you something before we-"

A howl sounded.

Onyx cussed lowly, throwing the door open angrily.

Demi reached for her door before Onyx growled, "Stay in the car!"

He gave her a pointed look and watched Demi throw her hands up before crossing her arms angrily. He saw her speaking to herself, obviously annoyed.

Onyx snarled as a dozen Wolves surrounded him and the car. The Wolves paused as the registered his stifling presence.

They backed up slowly, but the head warrior snarled at them to hold their ground.

Onyx glowered at them, raising his hands to signal he meant no harm.

"I need to speak to the current Alpha."

A man shifted, he had some sense of authority but he wasn't a Beta.

Onyx rose a brow at the naked man. "Should I repeat myself?"

The stranger growled, "Why should so I take orders from you?"

Onyx narrowed his eyes, looking among the Wolves. They were all young, barely 18. If they had been too young to understand what happened, they may not know his ties here.