Twenty Six

Onyx laid Demi in the back of the car slowly, staring down at her unconscious body

He can't do this.

His nostrils flared as his head pounded from his Beast. He slammed the door shut, turning the car on before storming off to find Bear and Cash. They'd found materials to wrap the nameless Witch up in.

Of course whoever was behind this destroyed any evidence left behind in exploding the witches head.

Onyx was growling and snarling to himself as he battled between his heart and mind.

In his distraction he didn't notice someone approaching until a gun was pressed to the back of his head.

"You wolves threw us for a loop, we expected the hound. But you guys are a surprise," A man gruffed.

"Could it be that our target is your mate? Little Demi Bordoa?"

Onyx tensed and bound his fists together.

"Ah, Ah," the gun pressed harder into his skull. "You won't be walking away from one of these bullets. We made them special for you Onyx Wolf. But if that's not enough motivation, one move from you and your precious mate you left vulnerable in the car is coming with us. Might even let my boys have fun with her."

Onyx was shaking in anger, forcing himself to stay silent.

Suddenly the gun was pointed at his shoulder and a bullet tore through his muscle point blank. Onyx hissed in pain.

"Just so you know I'm not fucking around."

"You're going to come with me. The threats to your mate still stand. My employer is going to be stoked to have an Alpha Wolf at his lab. Especially after you just killed his favorite project in that warehouse."

Another three soldier approached, Onyx's black eyes darting to them.

One opened its mouth to announce something when a knife plunged into the side of his head.

Demi revealed herself and ducked under an arm that reached for her. The now deceased man fell dead, she swung herself up onto the others soldiers shoulder and slit his throat.

Onyx used the distraction and knocked the gun away and snagged the now defenseless human.

He brought him into a headlock, making him watch as Demi snapped the last man's neck.

Onyx snarled while slowly sinking his claws into the man's adam's apple. "I'm not a regular fucking Alpha," he sneered. The man blubbered while Onyx- in one swift motion- dug his claws into the man's chest. With sheer force he ripped his torso open, his ribs cracking with his grip. The corpse was thrown away.

He looked to see Demi pushing herself up weakly. She was still drenched in blood. They both stared at each other, silence loud around them.

For the first time Demi wished for noise.