Five

Demi's mother, Elora, who'd been listening through the door burst through with a smile

"Pleasure to finally meet you Onyx. I'm a fan of your work!" Elora held her hand out to shake.

Demi nibbled on her lip as she looked between her mother and possible mate.

"My work?"

Elora examined the runes on his body, one peaking out from his shirt. Her eyes lowered in interest, the rumors had been true.

"Y'know the whole slaughtering thing," Elora shrugged while she still shook his hand enthusiastically.

He nodded slowly, not wanting to offend the most powerful witch there was at the moment. Or her Lycan King mate.

"Alright mom that's enough," Kekoa piped up. She laid her arm over her shorter mothers shoulders.

"Right sorry," she smiled charmingly.

Onyx saw where Demi got it from.

Elora trailed to her Demetri, her youngest giving her a small smile while standing from her seat. Demi came to stand by her eldest sibling.

"I'm assuming it went good?" Elora kissed his ear gently.

Demetri looked at the new group before nodding. "Easier than I thought."

Kekoa crossed her arms with a small smile, "We're looking forward to working with you."

Demi came up to grab onto her older sisters arm, resting her cheek on the woman's bicep. Kekoa was significantly taller and more muscular while Demi partially hid behind her.

Onyx choked back a snarl. She should seek comfort from him.

"We can show you to where you'll be staying. It's a spacious cabin, so you all should hopefully have room to yourself," Kekoa announced.

"That'd be a first," Bear scoffed to himself. He winced at his blurting, sparing a thankful smile.

"Demi and I will show them?" Kekoa offered to her parents.

They both nodded gratefully. Suddenly Onyx stood up, excusing himself to use the bathroom.

The wolf clutched his head, pulsing pain berating his mind.

He stumbled, his eyes clenched shut. Onyx groaned as he felt around clumsily, falling into the nearest bathroom. He fell to his knees, growling as the beast roared within his brain.

All of the roaring became muddled words. The Beast, after years of not once speaking a word to Onyx, began chanting a single word to him.

Mate, mate, mate.

Onyx's eyes darted open. He had assumed, sure, but to hear his beast actually claim Demi? Force it's way forward so violently to claim her?

His chest seized with panic momentarily. What did this mean for him? How was he supposed to handle this after nearly decade of being told he'd be alone all of his life?

Onyx snarled roughly as he gathered himself.

Sluggishly, he pushed the door open. Stumbling right into the person plaguing his mind.

Demi gasped at the sight of him. He looked visibly in pain.

She reached forward without thinking, her fingers glowing.

Onyx growled suspiciously, moving away.

Demi pouted and pushed up onto her toes, suddenly floating up to his eye level.

Onyx's black eyes widened in surprise once again at the trick. Suddenly her finger tips pressed against his temples, all of the pain being relieved.

He groaned in at the relief, and her touch sent him into another realm.

His body sagged as all the tension floated away. His onyx orbs rolled back as his lids fell closed gently.

"F-Feel good?" Her trembling tone rang in his ears. His head dropping at the blissful relief, resting his forehead against her jaw. For a moment, everything fell away. Onyx basked in the feeling of Demi, how he'd never seen, smelt, or experienced anything so euphoric. He could barely find words to describe it.

He openly moaned quietly at the pain relief. Suddenly her fingers fell from his face and reality hit him like a ton of bricks.

He shoved himself away and stared at the girl that still floated in front of him.

"Since when could Witches fly," he grunted at her feet hovering over the ground.

Demi slowly shook her head, "Float not fly."

The wolf scowled, "What the fucks the difference?"

The witch fell to her normal height, tapping her toes against the floor.

"There's a difference," her eyes trailed around him to the ceiling. Onyx felt himself heat up in annoyance- she didn't care enough to glance at him while he's speaking.

"You can't even look at me. Whatever sick game this magic of yours is- I want no parts of it." Onyx spat at the odd girl. He didn't want a mate, he couldn't have one. This was all impossible.

Suddenly her big orbs focused back on him, surprised. Hurt fell over her face.

Demi rolled her lips, wondering if she should respond. She thought he would be nicer to her. She tried not to show how much the words affected her.

Before he could even think of saying something else, Demi disappeared in a flash of light.

His Beast once again raged in his mind, bringing back the headache full force. Now he wished he never scared the girl away.

Fuck.

~~

oh no onyx is a confused asshole