Forty Seven

Demi sat with her legs splayed out in the grass

Demi sat with her legs splayed out in the grass. She was dressed in a black dress that had slits up the legs, exactly like her mothers for combat.

She had a lollipop hanging from her mouth as Onyx paced behind her.

Demi still was fuzzy on the plan. No matter how many Onyx tried to explain it to her last night.

But she knew her part, find Barney!

Find Barney Clarke and snap his neck, Demi giggled to herself.

Onyx and his pack- as well as warriors from his old pack were around. They were currently surrounding the location they'd found.

There were three human hideouts left. They were all in the same country but spread through different regions. There were three teams attacking simultaneously across the lands.

The biggest group was currently here, since this was the largest compound. Her parents and Onyx's pack were here.

Kekoa and Lacey lead an attack on the east and her older brothers were attacking the west. In approximately ten minutes.

In ten minutes all three positions would be compromised.

Demi's eyes widened when her mate squatted in front of her.

He gripped her cheeks in one hand, forcing her to focus on him.

"Princess you have to tell me if your magic is acting up too much."

Even she had to admit she was more out of it than usual. Less present in what was happening around her.

In her moments of clarity she worried about if Onyx resented her for being the way she was. But whenever he felt the insecurity he always reassured her.

"I'm good," she leaned forward as she whispered. "I'm sorry I've been a handful the past few days."

Her mates gaze softened and caressed her face gently. "You're worth it Demi, I just- I have to know you'll be safe. We can figure something out if todays not the day."

Demi shook her head, her abnormally long hair was in two tight braids down her back.

"I can do it. If I don't, then we have to wait longer to get started on our future! And we owe it to those people he's hurt." Demi lurched forward to peck his lips playfully.

A worried smile tugged at his lips smally. "Yeah," he sighed. "You're the best thing I've ever done, you know that?"

Her hazel eyes widened a little and he saw the yellow ring glow for a second with a surge of emotions.