Thirty Two

mature

The car was silent as they drove into the Bordoa's land

The car was silent as they drove into the Bordoa's land. They were arriving in the middle of the night.

It'd taken Onyx a while to shift back to his human form. When he did, he was covered in his victims blood.

And that's how he sat, in loose shorts caked in blood. He'd tried to wash it off in vain, he came up unsuccessful. There was no lake near them.

He drove the six hour trip in complete silence. It was now that everyone wished one of them could make portals.

Everyone was relieved to be back now.

Onyx took a shaky breath as he parked, he turned off the car and opened the door.

"Goodnight."

He walked away, defeat evident in his posture. They all looked at each other nervously.

~

Demi had been putting her clothes away, dressed in a small robe.

She yelped as her door was pushed open abruptly.

Demi looked and gasped at the sight of her mate. She was stunned at how much blood decorated his skin, it was almost up to his neck. It smeared across his jaw.

She stared as Onyx walked towards her slowly, he didn't touch her. His hands hovered over her hips but he saw the crimson staining them and dropped them.

He leaned forward and pressed his forehead against Demi's shoulder, sighing loudly. His large body curved to press one of the only clean parts of him against her tightly.

"Onyx, baby... what...?" Demi touched his cheeks gently.

He slowly shook his head, still not moving.

"Is any of it yours?"

He once again shook his head.

"I was just about to shower," she tugged his head up. "Shower with me. Let's get clean, hm?"

His onyx eyes darted from her tiny, silk robe over to the bathroom nervously.

"We don't have to do anything, I just want you to be clean. You're tired, I can see it on your face."

Demi's eyes watered at the forlorn look on her mates face.

The magic music he usually gave off was angry and confused instead of it's usual melancholy.

"Come here," She pulled him down and kissed him slowly.

She pulled him into the bathroom, noting how much smaller it felt with his large body in it.

Demi met his gaze as she pulled his shorts down, not looking down before turning the water on. She made it hot, knowing she'd have to scrub that blood off of him.