Forty One

surprise!!

~

Onyx held Demi tightly as he sat in front of a group of Wolves. Her foot was bouncing because earlier in the day Onyx promised they could scope out the Humans land. He listened to one Warriors opinion on where they should improve while pressing a hand to her knee gently.

She huffed and leaned against him heavily. She wanted to leave now.

All of these Wolves were coming up with ideas, expecting Onyx to fix everything as if he owed it to them. It made her severely annoyed. What have they ever done for him? Threaten to kill him after already trying once, when he wasn't even old enough to defend himself?

You're thoughts are loud.

Demi screamed and slapped a hand over her mouth. Her eyes were wide as everyone looked at her in alarm.

She looked at Onyx who rubbed his hand over his mouth and jaw, hiding a smirk.

Demi stuttered, trying to catch up with the fact that she heard Onyx's voice in her brain. She'd have to get used to that with the matebond.

After a few minutes and everyone going back to their conversation slowly, Demi was trying to figure out how to talk back to Onyx.

Is this too loud?!

Onyx flinched at her voice blaring in his mind. Demi giggled as everyone continued.

Good.

Onyx chuckled lowly as the meeting wrapped up.

She quickly gripped his arm and tugged him out of his seat, Onyx sighed while he was dragged out of the building.

"Demi... No, it's not safe-"

Demi suddenly turned to him as they stopped, Onyx watched her head tilt as if she was confused.

Demi wasn't told no very often.

"Don't be ridiculous," she scoffed as if he was joking. "We're obviously going to go!" She trailed off when she saw he was serious.

"You promised!"

He grunted as she cut him off, tugged her closer. "You're still recovering from Heat, I can tell you've been seeing things more than normal."

Demi's face fell as she pressed her chest against his, her chin resting on his sternum.

"I'll be good," she gripped his hands. "I-I won't do anything! I feel like we've made no progress, I feel guilty we got distracted," Her cheeks warmed in embarrassment.

"Demi it's barely been a week, baby. We knew it was going to be a process even getting clearance to stay with the pack."

She huffed loudly through her nose, her brows furrowing in annoyance. "This isn't about the pack. They've made their beds- we're here to help people in need. We can't do that sitting in meetings."