Seven

Onyx had spent the last ten minutes following the wisps of his mates scent

Onyx had spent the last ten minutes following the wisps of his mates scent. It popped up randomly and soon enough he found himself standing in a field of wild flowers.

Before his eyes he watched Demi teleport in front of him. She glanced up and shrieked at his presence, falling into the flowers.

"How did you know I'd be here?" She held her chest from the fright he'd just given her. She relished in the quiet his presence brought her.

"I could smell you here."

Demi shook her head in disbelief while she looked at him as if he was stupid, "smell me? I was in another freaking dimension what do you mean you could smell me?"

Onyx furrowed his brow, "What the hell do you mean you were in another dimension? Why the fuck did you go there?"

Demi was still processing there fact that Onyx could sense her while she was in a completely different realm. That had to mean something right? She'd never met someone who could do something like that.

"Demi!" he snapped at her.

Her head snapped up to him, she laid in the flowers. Onyx's lip twitched at the sight of her, fuck why was she so beautiful?

"I'm going to test something."

Suddenly she was gone again. Onyx shut his eyes at the bright light and also in annoyance, why couldn't this girl focus?

Just as he was about to open his eyes, he furrowed his brow. He caught her scent again, turning to face the left. He could almost make out her figure in there darkness.

He sneered as the light flashed again and opened his eyes.

He saw her right in front of him.

"You did it again! You knew where I moved."

He glowered down at her, "What's the big fuckin' deal?"

"I don't... exist to other people when I'm in the other place. My mothers tried, witches can sense each other but when I teleport I'm gone."

Demi leaned up onto her tip toes as she examined his pretty face. His dark hair fell in his eyes.

"That's fascinating..." Demi mumbled to herself while looking him over. Onyx's ears heated up, he'd never received such a compliment.

She raised her hand to move it but stopped herself. His gaze cut to her dainty hand in the air and glared at it.

She brought her thumb to her mouth and nibbled at her nail nervously. Her thoughts were running rampant.

"You don't like me much do you?" her voice was quiet.

Onyx was taken aback as the emotion in her face. Like his answer to this meant everything to her.

She knows. She knows. She knows.

His beast was raging in broken english about how smart his mate was.