Chapter One

It was the day of my interview for the job I've been trying to get for quite some time. I walk up to the building, eager and nervous for the process I was about to be put through. I opened the doors to the place revealing a huge colorful place that smelled of pizza. Looking around, I walk up to one of the staff standing by the door.
"Hey, how may I help you today?"
The staff turns to look at me.
"Yeah, I have an interview, can you lead me to where I need to go?"
The person then takes my hand and leads me to an office area with some people sitting around. I was there waiting for the manager to come into the office, I saw them walk into the office and sit down in front of me. They look me up and down and comment,
"aren't you a little young to be working here? ''
They wait for my response as I collect my thoughts of how to respond to their comment.
"Actually I am 22" I say, handing them my ID.
They stare at my ID for a second and place it back onto the table.
"Alright, let's begin the interview then."

- Skipping the rest of the interview process. -
I am walking around the pizzaplex when I walk into the daycare area, I look around and see a slide. I lean into it and accidentally slip and start to slide into the daycare. The daycare attendant looks up from where he was from and comes over to me.
"Hello new friend, what would you like to do today? we have finger painting, tag, ooooo and we have one of my favorite things, glitter glue!" He says with enthusiasm that I can't keep up with.
I look up at him confused for a moment. Then I realize I look like a child and I should probably play the part of I didn't want to get kicked out. He is waiting for a response just staring at me with his golden eyes. I blush for the amount of time he is staring at me. I then respond
"Can we do some arts and crafts'' I say with a smile but sounding unsure of myself.
He picks me up and brings me over to the area of the arts and crafts table. I look over in the corner and see another staff just standing there spacing out. The person who just carried me starts speaking
"oh, I see you've spotted my colleague over there, that's Moon. He's charging at the moment so you most likely won't see him until nap time."
I look up at the smiling person and respond,
"Okay I'm looking forward to meeting him" I say with a smile on my face.
The person looks at me surprised then smiles gently at me.
"I think he would be happy to hear that, but just be careful he can get a little scared when you don't nap during nap time"
I stare at him confused but then shrug it off like it was nothing.
We spend the next couple of hours playing twister and tag. After we played all of these games it was soon nap time. I look up and see that the lights have gone out and see the bright and cheery looking person go over to charge themselves and then see the other staff member standing in front of me. I stare up at him amazed at what I am seeing.
"Naughty naughty you should be asleep like the others"
I then look around and see all the kids are sleeping. I then ask,
"Could I get a blanket and a pillow please if it's not too much trouble?"
He sighs then gets the things and hands them to me. I grab the things,
"Before I sleep, am I able to ask you one thing?" I ask curiously.
he hums in response, " oh, his name is Sun. Now that I have answered your question you should go to sleep."
He wraps me in the blanket and lays me down gently. I snuggle up into the blanket and fall asleep for my well needed nap.

I wake up a few hours later and notice all the kids are playing around me. I get up from where I was at and look around confused. I see Sun standing in front of me.
"How long was I asleep for?" I ask him, seeing him turn around.
"Oh, you were asleep for a good three hours. you must have been super duper tired to have slept that long."
I stare at him surprised for a moment then hug him gently and get up with the blanket and pillow and go into a secluded area and fall asleep again, hearing all the noise fading out in the distance. I wake up and don't hear anything. I look around and see that the children have left. I poke my head around to scan the area to see the new things I haven't gotten to explore yet. I went over to the cubby area to see what all was over there. Peering my head over the cubbies, I see sun over at his charging station. I made my way over to him and lay down against him since he seemed to be the safest to be around after hours. I fall asleep next to him and hope for the best when I wake up.

- Next morning -
It was the next morning when I see Sun start to boot up. He looks down at me confused and picks me up
" Little friend, how are you here so early? we haven't even opened yet." he says in a confused tone.
I look at him for a second and reply,
"I never went home last night, I wanted to stay here with you." I say as innocently as I can. He looks at you surprised then replies,
"That was very sweet of you but that was very dangerous. You have no idea what kind of things could have happened to you if you stayed here again."
He walks over to Moon and says,
"Hey, Moon, did you know that this child was here last night?"
Moon looks down at me and replies,
"Yeah, I knew they were here. they didn't look like they were doing any harm so I just let them stay after figuring that out."
He pauses for a second,
"But, if the child decides to stay again, things won't go so well next time."