Chapter Sixteen

I rub circles on his back, trying to ground him from where his mind was at. I yell out to Moon.

"MOON I NEED YOU NOW!" I practically screamed for him. As soon as I screamed his name he came to me in a panic. He then got a look at Sun.

"What is going on?" He asks with a shortness of breath.

"Sun is having a breakdown." I immediately responded.

"How did this happen?" Moon asks me.

"He was upset that no one was telling him anything and he figured out the cuts were done by me and now he is blaming himself." I say, glancing back and forth from Moon to Sun.

"Well he's not wrong to, but we need to calm him down." He replies.

"Come on Sun, breathe. Please, take deep breaths." I say as I start taking deep breaths, trying to lead him into doing it.

"Come on Sun, you got this." I inhale deeply.

"Moon this isn't working." The next thing I know, Moon slaps Sun.

"Sun, calm your ass down!" Moon says.

"Hey, the fuck was that for?!" Sun yells at Moon. I walk up to Sun.

"Are you doing better? Can you breathe?" I ask with concern, holding his face in my hands.

"My face is a little sore but I guess I can breathe." I hugged Sun close.

"I'm so sorry, Sunny, I didn't mean for you to feel this way." I try to say, explaining myself.

"What are you talking about, Sunflower? I did this to myself. If I'm being completely honest, I'm no better than your father.." I look at him shocked by what he just said. I then slap him.

"DON'T YOU DARE COMPARE YOURSELF TO THAT THING! You are nothing like him and never will be anything like him!" I yell at him with tears in my eyes. He grabs onto my face.

"I fucking hurt you! I fucking made your stitches, that I had no idea you even had, pop out all because I was blind with my own rage, Sunflower! I hurt you and I never want that to happen again. You don't deserve pain and I don't deserve you." I hug Sunny tightly.

"Sunny, don't say those things. We deserve each other. If you didn't deserve me, then I wouldn't have fallen for you." I pull away from the hug making eye contact with him.

"Sunny, I love you so much, you could never imagine." I say with a smile on my face and kiss him. He smiles at me and wraps his arms around me holding me close to him.

"I love you too, Y/n. You're so important to me, I never want to lose you." He says in a whisper so that only I could hear him. He pulls me in for a passionate kiss.

"The thought of losing you pains me the most." Moon pushes us apart.

"That's enough. Sun, you should know better than to do PDA." Moon says, annoyed.

"You're one to talk, you break the rules all the time. I should be able to break them at least every once in a while." Moon blushes and storms off in another direction. I cuddle Sun while in his lap.

"What's up with him?" I asked, playing koi.

"Moon totally has, like, a major crush on you." he says in a teasing way. Moon stops in his tracks.

"He does? Then why hasn't he told me?'' Moon turns around and starts yelling at Sun.

"You moTHER FUCKER!" he screams. I crawl out of Sun's lap quickly, grabbing a blanket to cover myself with.

"Why would you tell them that?! They weren't supposed to know! I was going to tell them!" Sun looks at Moon with a smug smile.

"When it didn't seem like you were going to do it, I did instead. Just gave you a little push."

"T-t-t-that didn't help, you just made it worse!" he jumps off the balcony and crawls into a play structure. Sun notices I left his lap.

"It's alright Sunflower, you can come back now. The loud sounds are gone." He says in a calming voice. I go back over and lean on him.

"Should we check on him?" I say shyly.

"He's going to be fine, he's just embarrassed." He says, like it's no big deal.

"Can I check on him?" I ask.

"You can check if you want, I'm going to stay here." I nod and leave heading out to check on him.

"I hope he's alright..' I whisper to myself. I head over to one of the foam castles and see Moon inside of it.

"Hey, Moonie. Are you alright? I came to check on you." I say to him.

"Go away and hang out with Sun, you don't need to worry about me." He replies to me.

"Moon, I want to make sure you're alright. So, I'm just going to sit my little butt here until you tell me what made you so upset." I say, sitting down next to him.

It's been about two hours since I sat down waiting for Moon to talk to me. I start to nod off as Moon turns around to see that I never left.

"You're still here? I thought you left. You need sleep." He says with concern.

"Noooo...not until you are ready to talk." I say tired as all hell.

"Fine but you have to go to bed right after." he says sternly.

"Only on one more condition," I say. "Only if I get to sleep in your arms. You're very comfy." I say, doing the grabby hands through muscle memory. Moon blushes.

"F-fine." he says, grabbing me and putting me in his lap. Re-wrapping the blanket around me.

"Now speak, love." I say, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Alright, so- wait- what did you just call me?" he asks me.

"Nothing, nothing, just continue." I say sleepily.

"S-s-so the reason why it was so upsetting was because I really, really, t-t-truly love you but I messed it all up when I attacked you that night.... You were afraid of me so I tried to keep my distance from you to make sure you were comfortable in your own time. But deep down, I know you'll never really love me.."