Chapter Thirty One

Y/n P.O.V
I slowly follow Moon with my gaze as he gathers the children up for nap time. I watch as he places the mats down and bundles up the children into little burritos. He looks down at them satisfied with his work then comes over to turn off the lights. As soon as the lights turn off I hide under the desk with a flashlight. He approaches the desk and leans down next to me.

"Hey starlight. Is everything alright?" I nod in response, not able to look at him. I curl up tighter in a little ball.

"If you say so, but if you need me I'll be over here with the kids." I look up at Moon, watching him walk away. I reach my hand out to grab his but retract it quickly not wanting to burden him further. I lay down and fall asleep under the desk. Soon after I am woken up by Moon shaking me gently. I bolt up and push him away.

"What's going on-" I say. He stares at me shocked and hurt by my actions.

"You were screaming in your sleep. You woke everyone up" he says looking away from my direction.

"Hey Moonie can I just spend the rest of the day in your room please."I say quietly. He nods sadly.

"But I'm going to ask you why later."

"I won't guarantee a response." he sighs, picking me up, he puts the wire on his back and lifts us to his room. He sets me down on the bed.

"Thanks Moon.." He sighs and leaves the room. I curl into the bed and wrap a blanket around myself tightly, falling asleep quickly after.

About an hour and a half later I wake up. Moon is sitting next to me with his arms crossed.

"So am I going to get any answers?" I shake my head in response.

"But I waited and didn't even wake you up. Y/n, did I do something wrong to hurt you?" I snap my head in his direction.

"What no no no!! Of course not!! You haven't done anything wrong. It's all just me- I promise! It's nothing you need to worry about.." I say quietly. Moon looks me in the eyes.

"But I'm always worried about you. All I want from you is for you to communicate with me but you never do." His eyes show how disheartened he is.

"I'm sorry I don't do enough, I really am." I feel the tears prick at the corner of my eyes.

"I wanna do my best for you guys but it's so hard and there's only so much I can do- I'm trying really hard, I promise." The tears roll down my face. He lifts his hand and approaches my face

"I'll do better I promise" I say, flinching from his sudden movement.

"Well, you probably want to be left alone." He says while standing up.

"NO!" I yell, clinging to his arm. "Please don't leave me- I-I need you!"

"Alright, just calm down. Okay?" The tears start flowing down my face as I sob onto him. He pulls me close, holding me to his chest. "It's alright. Let it out, love."

After ten minutes of nonstop crying, I loosen my grip on Moon.

"Thank you Moonie. I needed that." He pulls out some water and hands it to me.

"Here. I know you need it after all that." He taps the bottle on my chest.

"I'm fine, I don't need it." I push his hand away.

"Drink it now." He said with a slightly more aggravated

"Okay okay. Mleeeh" I say sticking my tongue out at him. I take the bottle from him and take small sips.