Chapter Thirty

Y/n P.O.V
I get up slowly with what little strength I have. While in the process of standing I throw up everything that just happened.

'Why... why did this happen.. hurts..'

I silently start crying as I make my way toward the gift shop. I make it to the shop and get some moon themed pants and a sun themed hoodie along with the two plushies of them. After I take the items I head over to Monty's room and knock on the door. He opens the door and looks down to see me.

"Hey Monty, can you do something for me?"

"What's in it for me?" He snarls.

"You get to shred something up." he stares at me intrigued.

"Here. Can you shred this up for me please? And let me watch."

"Sure." Before I know it, he's already ripping the dress to shreds with his hands and teeth. I put my hand on him.

"Thanks bud, you're a real help."

"Any time." he says as he turns back into his room. I start to head back to the worker dorm so I can take a shower and have some damn peace and quiet. When I get there I turn the shower on and don't test the water and sit in it so I can wash away the disgusting feeling off of me . I take some soap and scrub everywhere making sure I was thorough in the process. I get out of the shower and put my clothes back on and head back to the daycare "sliding into fun" slide and hit the ball pit. But being too sore and exhausted from what just happened, I lay in the pit and give up.

                                      Moon P.O.V
"We've checked everywhere for them- where are they!" I yell. "Have you checked the ball pit??"

"Yes."

"The play structures?"

"Yes."

"Have you checked the cast-"

"Yes, I've checked everywhere!"

"Well let's go through that list again. Just to be sure."  I look around me, stress sinking in more and more.

"check the ball pit again." Eclipse tells me.

"Ughhhh, fine. I doubt they'll be there." I get inside the ball pit and feel around. It only takes a few minutes before I feel something hit my hand.

"Eclipse I found them!!" I yell over to them, hugging Y/n close.

"Thank god I found you. I was so worried."

'I'm so glad this is all that happened, and not something...
worse...'

"dude- they're not even awake."

"Did I ask you?" I say sternly. I hear silence in response.

"I bet Sun was worried too, maybe let him out and see them."

"How about no." He replies coldly.

"Why no?" I ask him, purely just for understanding.

"Ask Dusk. I got permission to do this from him."

"Ugh.. why is it always Dusk with all the information?" I say rolling my eyes. "Alright let's get them up to my room and have them sleep in a proper bed." I get up, grabbing my hook line, making my way to the room and lay them onto the bed as I scootch in to cuddle them.

– A Bit Later –

I wake up before Y/n does and look down to see them cuddled up to me tightly. They have a look of pain and fear. I look closer at them and see tears streaming down their face. I start to panic seeing them like this.

'What do I do? What do I do??" I gently shake Y/n awake but the first thing they do is push me away and run. I look at what just happened in shock. I go after them, attaching the wire to myself, and look around the area only to end up finding them huddled up on top of one of the castles. I gently head down and sit next to them.

"Hey.. shhhhhh shh, it's alright." I coo, trying to help them.

"No no- leave me alone! Go away! Please!" I try to get closer to them but as soon as I get close to them they back away as far as they can go and mutter under their breath.

"Get away get away get away get away-" repeatedly. Then I hear them scream.

"MO*hic*HOO-ON!!! PLEASE- HELP M-EHE! LET THIS EN-HE-HEND!! I-I - *hic*- I – AAHAHAAA!!!" I watch them curl into a ball and cry harder than I've ever seen. So much so, they fall silent. I call for Dusk and Eclipse over the system.

"I need you in the daycare right now- it's an emergency! Please, I don't know what to do!" I see Dusk fall from the ceiling immediately.

"Moon is everything alright you never ask for help like that-"

"-Does this look alright???!!" I say, in panic. Then Eclipse makes himself known.

"What's going on? I just woke up to the panic message??" Eclipse runs out, slightly dazed

"They don't seem to recognize me and they were screaming for my help when I am just right here with them but when I get close to them they try to avoid me at all cost. I just don't know what to do- I'm afraid to touch them because it may send them into a panic-" I then watch as Dusk picks them up while the are completely fighting against him as much as they can.

"What-" I look at him, confused.

Dusk holds them in a firm but gentle manner. I watch as their thrashing calms  and they sleep once again after which Dusk hands them back to me. I hold onto them tightly.

"Shhhhhhhhh it's alright- I'm here for you.. Moonie's here. I got you. Hey Eclipse I know you scanned them... what are your readings?"

"I can't scan completely but what I got was an elevated heart rate and what I think is night terrors." I nod, lightly rocking Y/N like a child. I then get up and put the wire back on my hook and head back to my room holding them and observing them while they sleep. I only barely catch them whisper for me to help them again. My heart breaks from the thought of not being able to help with whatever they are going through. Tears escape from my eyes as I pet their head gently.

"I'll always be there to help you no matter what.." I whisper to them.

'I can't believe I can't help them, I don't know how. Why is this happening? I need to know. They are clearly going through something.' I place my head in my hands.

'I need to help them one way or another.' I rub circles on their back.

"Love.. you'll get through this one way or another." I kiss their cheek and rest my head down onto the bed.

Morning soon arrives and Y/n begins to stir. I wait for them to wake up.

"Good morning sleepy head." I say in a cheerful voice. I then hear them croak back.

"Morning."

"Hey Y/n are you alright?"

"yeah....yeah. Everything's fine, I'm gonna get the daycare set up."  They say sitting up and leaving the bed.

"I can always help you Y/n if you need anything." I offer.

"No- it's fine- it's fine, really. I'll just see you and Sunny down there."  They make their way to the door, slipping out.

"Oh.. Ok." I say sadly.

'Did I do something wrong? If so, I need to apologize but I don't remember doing anything to them. Now that I think of it, they were calling for me to help so that most likely means I didn't do anything wrong to them.'

After a while of watching Eclipse running around the daycare with the children and Y/n just sitting at the security desk, my duty is called upon, for it was nap time.