Chapter eighteen

They take me out of Moon's arms, I  try yelling out to Moon.

"Make sure you tell Sunny and Dusk what is going on and that I'll be gone for a while." I then sign to Moon. "I l-o-v-e u." I watch as tears run down his face. He signs it back to me.

"Be safe." He yelled to me. "And come back in one piece!"

                                     Moon P.O.V.
I watch as Y/n is taken away and I just stand there until I can't see them anymore. I head back to the daycare but I barely get through the doors before falling to the ground sobbing. I immediately hear Sunny and Dusk running to me to ask what's wrong.

"T-t-t-they t-t-took Y/n!" I sob, curled up hugging my knees and covering my face. Sunny speaks up.

"Who took them?" I see a grim look on Sunny's face.

"T-the police." I say, trying to steady my breathing. Sun turns to the manager quickly.

"You don't speak of this situation to anyone, you got it? And Y/n will continue working here no matter what happens. They will not lose their job because of this. And if they do, you don't want to know what will happen." I hear Sun say sternly to the manager. The manager nods in response then looks over at Dusk.

"Whose this guy looks familiar?" He says.

"He's a side project of our friend, he's vent bot." Sunny replies.

"Isn't he a little big to be a vent bot?" They ask curiously.

"No, he fits quite well. Have you been in the vents? If not, you should know, they are actually quite big. But we've wandered too far from the original topic. What have they done with Y/n?" I calmed down a bit after a while enough to reply.

"They said something about being 'proven not guilty for the murder of their father'." he says, unsure.

"oh no, I know what this means." The manager thinks out loud.

"What?" Dusk snaps back.

"It means they have been taken into custody, they can be gone for who knows how long and they will be taken to court about it." The manager says.

"Do you have any idea how long they will be gone even for, even just a rough estimate?" I ask.

"Around four days." The manager answered. Sun chimes in.

"Four days..? I know isn't that bad but still. That's terrible! They aren't going to sleep well and they need to have the correct kinds of foods! oh, what if they starve?!" the manager looks at all of us.

"This is way outside your coding. What have they done to you?"

"They didn't do anything, you just gave us a good employee this time." Dusk says as the manager nods.

"I guess you could be right, especially since most people who are hired for your area quit after around three days."  The manager then looks back at Dusk.

"Hey, I remember you. You were the old daycare attendant when the place first opened. It was you and another bot. It was a chick, right? She was in charge of the nursery. She had really pretty, long silver hair and a flow-y skirt and a crop top." I get up.

"Can we please change the subject? I don't like talking about that stuff." The manager looks at me confused.

"why don't you like talking about it?" He asks curiously.

"Because I don't like talking about irrelevant things from my past." I say, turning away and hugging myself.

"Oooooooooh- wai- ohhhhhh shit.." The manager realizes. Sun looks over at me.

"What are you talking about?" He asks, confused. The manager shuffles through their wallet.

"I'm talking about this." They hand Sun a picture of me, Dusk and them. Sun looks at the picture of me and Dusk.

"You were a girl?" He asked me, surprised.

"Yes yes, I was female coded. But it was terrible, I hated it. Anyone else have comments about that unfortunate time?" They all fell silent. I look over at the picture and cringe at how I looked.

"I do not miss those days." I handed the picture back to the manager.

"Please don't show that around me again." I say tiredly.

"All we can do now is wait, huh?" I say, feeling more drained than ever. The manager nods. Sun looks at me.

"You know, Moon, a lot of things make more sense now after today."

"Sunny, can you please just drop it." I say, snapping at him.

"I didn't mean anything bad by it, I just feel like I understand you a little better now." The manager puts their hand on my shoulder.

"By the way, you should know you were my favorite." They look up at me with a partial smile. I mutter under my breath.

"Probably because I was a girl."

"No, that's not why." They quickly answer.

"Then why have you put in multiple complaints about me? Is it because I'm too scary as a guy?" The manager didn't say anything after that remark.

"I'm not going to deal with this, I'm leaving." I say storming out of the room. Dusk follows behind me.

"I'm going to head out too."

                                        Sun P.O.V.
Well those two just left, but now I have a bunch of questions running through my head.

"I'm gonna go take care of some stuff." I head out of the area the manager was in, towards the naptime corner and look at the flower Y/n gave me.

"I really hope they are alright and not in any kind of danger." I kiss the flower in hopes of giving Y/n good luck.

It's been a few days and I look around the daycare to see if I could do anything to keep me occupied. I've already cleaned the daycare about four times, what else can I do...?  I got it, I'll make some flowers for Y/n! I think I'll make hydrangeas since it means genuine heartfelt emotions. I head over to where moon is residing.

"Mooooooooon! Stop sulking, come make flowers with me." I see Moon begrudgingly get up.

"Why are we making flowers?" Moon asks annoyed.

"Oh, I was thinking we could give them to Y/n when they come back." I replied cheerfully.

"Fiiiiiinnee. I'll do it." Moon goes to sit down next to me.

"So what flower are you making?" He asks me, sounding a bit bored.

"Hydrangeas." I say enthusiastically.

"Why hydrangeas?" He tilts his head to the side.

"I'm making them because I like them with all my heart and it means a sign of genuine emotions. What flower are you going to make?" I fire back.

"Hmmmmm, I think I'll make tulips." He answers me. I look at him with stars in my eyes.

"I knew you'd want to join me."