Chapter Three

Moon P.O.V

I think to myself as I stand in front of our bedroom doorway,

'How am I going to explain this to them?'

Having rapid thoughts rushing through my head I grab the door knob and take a deep breath opening the door. As soon as I open the door I am greeted by my older brother, Dusk.

"Hey, Moon, glad your ba..." he didn't finish what he was saying as he saw the child in my arms.

He looks up at me,

"How did this happen?" he said in a stern voice covering his mouth.

I start but am cut off by him interrupting me.

"You did it again, didn't you! You hurt another child! You can't keep doing this. You're going to get yourself decommissioned at this rate! You're lucky that this time it was at night and not during the day like you did last time." yells Dusk.

I set down the child on my bed.

"Dusk you can lecture me later can you please just help this kid" I say in a soft tone.

Dusk then points at the door and says,

"Get out, I'll tell you when to come back." I nod and leave the room.

                                 Dusks P.O.V

I look over the child and try to see how many injuries Moon has inflicted upon this child.

"Man, he got you good didn't he?" I say as I see the blood through their shirt.

I then lift up their shirt and see the wounds that have been afflicted onto this poor child.

"MOON GET YOUR ASS IN HERE NOW!" I yell over to Moon.

The door slowly opens as I see a scared Moon walking in.

"DUDE DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD YOU ACTUALLY HURT THIS KID, GONE TO FAR THIS TIME! WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING THIS TIME AROUND!" I yell at him, seeing him flinch in response.

I pull him over here to see the damage. As soon as he sees the damage, He begins to shake from the mere sight of the child. I then hear him say quietly in a small whisper,

"oh shit..." he says as tears form in his eyes.

He tried to walk away but I grabbed onto his arm so the sight of this can sink in further to make my point.

"JUST HELP THEM PLEASE I CAN'T SIT HERE AND WATCH THEM DIE" he yells.

Yanking his arm away as he curls up in the corner of our room next to our charging brother sun.

"Alright I'll do it, but I hope I got my point across" I hear nothing in response.

I started to work on the child to see what I could fix. I run my hand over the child's collarbone seeing carved words on them.

"Moon did you fucking carve this kid!" Moon stands up from where he was at.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID TO THE CHILD I WASN'T CONSCIOUS WHEN I DID IT!" After he said this I stared at him shocked.

"You mean you did this without even knowing what happened or how?" Moon silently nods in response.

I start to stitch up the wounds. I look into their face and see that they are wincing in pain. I pet them quickly and whisper to them.

"Don't worry I will help you, I will not let this happen to you again. Moon, give me a moondrop quickly."

He takes one out of his pocket and hands it to me. I take it and put it in their mouth carefully helping them eat it making sure they don't choke in the process. In minutes the child's body starts to relax more making it easier for me to do the stitches. After a while I put some bandages on them so they won't pick at them. I put a new clean shirt on them to cover up the wounds and put them up in a safe spot in the room while I hang from the ceiling to watch them and make sure they don't turn over in a way that will reopen their wounds.

                                       Y/N P.O.V

'I'm laying on my back I thought I was laying on my face' I think to myself as I wake up from my panic pass out session.

I attempt to sit up but a hand comes out and pushes me down. I look up to see an unfamiliar figure.

"That's not a smart idea right now kid, you need to lay down. We can't have you popping out a stitch, now can we?"

I look at him confused then lift my shirt slightly and see the stitches on my chest and stomach.

I whisper in an almost silent whisper "You saw everything, didn't you?"

The man looks at me confused.

"What did you say?" he says

"You saw everything, didn't you?" I say just loud enough for him to hear me while I am in a panic.

"Yeah I should probably tell Moon that you are-"

"PLEASE..... please don't." I cut him off.

"Shouldn't we tell moony that you're awake" he says in a quiet confused tone.

"You... you can't tell him about the marks."

''Alright, then how did you get the marks, if you don't mind me asking?"

I look at him shocked for a moment then proceed to tell him.

" Well you see I got the marks from my parents..... it's no big deal though I deserved those marks I deserved for this to happen to me and since I have run from home I deserve all the pain and suffering I have coming my way." I say in a jumbled up panic.

The man then puts his hand on my shoulder.

" Hey, hey, calm down, calm down. you didn't deserve any of those marks, I have no idea why you would believe that but you and no one in this world deserve what I have seen" he says in a very calm caring voice full of concern.

"None of this is your fault."

I feel my eyes sting from the tears forming in my eyes as they soon leave my eyes and roll down my face. I curl up in a ball and sob from what I just heard.

I then feel a pair of arms wrap around me and then say, "We should really tell Moon, though. Because he has already seen your marks and he blames himself for all of them." My eyes widen from those words.

I then nod to him and ask in a quiet tone "What's your name?"

He then giggles, "My name is Dusk and what is your name?"

"My name is Y/N." I say in response.

🎃