Chapter Seventeen

"Moonie, you think I'm still scared of you?" I say, confused.

"Yeah.. I saw you hide under the blanket earlier." He replies.

"Moon. If I were still scared of you, I wouldn't be here with you now, I wouldn't have asked you just now if I could sleep in your arms, if I didn't feel safe." I say looking away when saying having a slight blush appear on my face.

"You feel.. safe with me?" He says in almost a whisper.

"Of course I do, you're the only one I ask to sleep with." I cheerfully reply.

"Hey, Moonlight, can you stand up for a second?" I nod, standing up. He gently reaches his hands out ever so lightly, and gives me a light kiss on the forehead.

"Hey Moonie, I need to tell you something." He hums in response.

"I kinda sorta already knew you liked me before Sun said anything." I look down at my hands.

"What?? How???" He replies quickly.

"I kind of listened in on you and Sun's argument." I say shyly. "I've known for a couple of days sorry."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry you had to hear me like that.." Moon facepalms.

"Moon, it's alright. If I didn't love you for your flaws, it wouldn't be true love." He blushes at my comment.
"Alright, enough with the mushy stuff, it's way past your bedtime." Moon says, I grumble and pout. I nestle myself against his body and start nodding off. As my vision starts to fade I feel a light weight on my head as he starts petting my hair gently.

"Goodnight sleep well, my Moonbeam." I hear Moon softly say as I drift into a deep sleep.

I woke up the next morning, still in Moon's arms as he held me close. I reach out and hug him tight, hanging onto him as he gets up.

"Y/n, what are you doing? You silly dork." He says as I nuzzle into him.

"Mmmmmm.. you're comfy and I'm tired." I say sleepily. He giggles at my comment.

"Maybe by that you'll learn not to stay up so late." Moon says playfully.

"Well maybe if you would have talked to me sooner I wouldn't have stayed up so late." He pauses. As I add "And maybe it would be better if I got more cuddles at night from you." He turns away and blushes super hard.

"Well, Moonbeam, we opened the daycare back up today. Are you ready?" He says as he holds out his hand. I gently place the paper mache lily in his hand. I then tell him with a smile.

"Moonie, you know I love you, right?" I say, tilting my head slightly. "If you don't mind sharing me with Sunny. I'll also ask him if he doesn't mind you." Moon looks at me with bright eyes.

"Y/n, do you really mean that??" He says, shaking when he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Of course, I love you so much!" I said, hugging him. I head down to the bottom of the tower and call out to Sunny below the balcony.
"Sunnydrop, Sunnydrop, let down your hair." I yell to him as he plays along. Moon then hooks himself up on the cord and lifts me up to the balcony.

"Well Sunflower you seem to be enthusiastic today!" He says happily.

"Sunny, I have something to ask you." He tilts his head to the side.

"Yeah, what is it?" He asks patiently.

"Are you alright with sharing me with Moonie?" I ask, looking down at the floor.

"Of course, I don't mind sharing with you. As long as I have your love, I don't mind at all." Moon scoops me up, giving me the biggest smile ever. Sun leans in and whispers to moon in a hushed voice.

"See? Everything worked out, didn't it?" He says smugly. Moon giggles.

"Just shut up Sunny, let me enjoy this." After we all settled down, Moon was in a cuddly mood but it was time for us to start work. I make it to the light switch in the daycare and turn on the lights. As I switched on the lights, the manager burst through the door.

"Y/n, what are you doing!" I hear him shout at me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him, confused.

"The whole pizzaplex is closed today due to a murder that happened here about a week or two ago." He explains.

"Oh my god, there was a murder?" I gasp.

"Yeah, the cops are here checking the blood that was found on the ground. They found two different strands of DNA so far." He replies.

"Do we know whose blood it is?" I ask semi-curiously.
"So far they are still getting it tested, but there was a missing adult report recently and the last place they were identified as being at was here." I then hear them grumble to themselves. "I sure hope it's not another animatronic, that would be terrible for our business and would most likely get us shut down."

"Do I need to do anything or can I just leave?" I asked him.

"If you don't mind, would you head over to one of the police officers and try to give them a report? They will show you a picture of the person who was killed." He replies.

"Sure, would it be alright if I had one of them bring me to them? I'm still super sore from the hospital and when I'm here they help me get around." I ask.

"Yeah, whatever, just keep them in check especially if you bring this one." they point over at Moon.

"Will do. Alright Moon, be on your best behavior. Don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings." I tease in a stupid voice. He picks me up and brings me to an officer.

"What is this child doing here?" He says, staring at me.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry to inform you sir, I am in fact an employee here. Here is my license if you don't believe me." I hand my license over to them. They feel the license to make sure it wasn't fake and then hand it back to me.

"I'm here because my manager told me that you would need me to make a report in case I've seen the murder victim and/or the murderer." I say while putting my license away.

"Yeah, here you go, here's a picture of the victim." He hands me the picture. I look down and see that it's my sperm donor.

"This is a photo of my father." I say quietly.

"Do you remember seeing him on x/x?"

"Yes, I do." I lift up my shirt to reveal the stitches up wound.

"Yeah, he did this to me on that day, causing me to black out."

"We have taken DNA samples and there have been two results. This man and what we can only assume is you." I look at the man in confusion.

"I don't even remember anything that happened after the first punch though." The police officer stares at me confused.

"First punch? How many times were you punched?" He asks sternly.

"If I recall from what the doctors told me, it was 11 times." I replied, setting my shirt back down.

"Have you considered you blocked out killing this man out of self defense? He did almost kill you." The officer says slowly and clearly.

"I don't know. All I remember is that he started chasing me into one of the staff areas and after that I believe I was punched and backed out."

"Well, we are going to see if we can collect more evidence but until you have been proven otherwise, you are the guilty party. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you." The cop says.

"But-!"