Chp. 55

Lilith

My body has changed. These changes have become much more obvious. The remaining of my undergarments fell to meet the floor as I faced the reflection of my bare figure.

I immediately noticed that my buds have changed to a darker pigment. They weren't the usual color of the lighter shade. My breasts have grown fuller and felt tender in my grip. My belly also appeared rounder than before, almost like a small hill.

You're not as little anymore.

"Is everything alright?"

I turned back from his voice behind the curtains. I wrapped my slip back on to keep myself covered. I had lost track of how long I was staring at myself in the mirror. Khael was already in the water, bathing. Although it had been a few days, the healer suggested Khael to wash himself with a wet towel temporarily but he did not listen. He wanted to bathe with me and it was nearly impossible to argue with him.

When I peeked through the curtains, I saw him in the pool of water. He no longer had a sling to stabilize his arm but only a bandage. As always, he smiled for me.

"There you are."

I gently pushed away the curtains and I noticed that his eyes fell on the full slip I still had on. The thin clothing fully covered my breasts but the little bump peeking out was noticeable.

Before letting me in, he walked over to examine my legs to see if my injuries were healing well. I sat on the edge while he stood there in front of me. I had always looked up to him but now we were at eye level. It made me realize our height difference more clearly today.

His eyes were now on my wrists. They were only scrapes. He really didn't have to worry. It seemed he was relieved to see that there were no evident scars. He closed his eyes and pressed his soft lips against my wrist as if that would be the last little magic to heal it.

He had me sit in front of him and soaked me in the warm water. My back often grazed the top of his chest as we moved. His large hand was so gentle and soft against my skin. They eventually stopped around my belly, washing me carefully. The slit parting of the soft linen was pushed away.

"He's grown."

I also moved my hands to feel the small bump again. I was thankful that he was strong. Even when I had him go through so much stress, he seemed to be healthy.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Khael's hands shift to the sleeves. When I felt his fingers try to untie the band around my breasts, I stopped him. I did not feel ready to be completely bare to show him these changes of my body. They were simply signs of our child growing inside of me. But even so, I felt a bit nervous of how he would react. My body was quite different from the last time he saw me.

"What's the matter?"

He knew I hesitated showing myself to him. Even if I was to hide from him now, I knew he would eventually see it. I didn't understand why I was so worried.

Seeing him reminded me of how he expressed his love during our nights together. His gentleness and the words he delivered to me. Would he look at me the same? Perhaps there would be a bit of disappointment. The more he expressed his affection for me, the more I felt nervous to show him my body.

"M-My body has changed f-from the last time we've b-bathed together."

"Lilith, it's only natural for your body to change. I understand this is all new to you and you may not like it--"

My eyes widened and I turned to face him.

"N-No...that was n-not what I meant."

Just the thought of raising our child together had me overjoyed. There were moments I was scared and nervous but those feelings of mine were never significant to the point I would ever be displeased about my pregnancy.