Chp. 66

Lilith

It was wonderful. It surpassed what I imagined it to be.

All the guestrooms we had visited were finished with the designs we picked months before.

A thin sheet of gold covered the lining of the beds and the curtains held a nice silver mist of color. I was a bit worried because they appeared thin but it served its purpose to block the sunlight. I lifted the thin sheet between my fingers and noticed the little patterns of our people. We left the walls in its natural color. Personally it appeared simple and clean that way. But the table and the large rug under the lounge added a bit of color to the room which was a nice balance. It was like the core of a fig, in a light shade of wine. The frills of the rug were of cinnamon. Not a lot of furniture were placed in the room for some walking space.

I was amazed at the results considering they only resumed the construction and the interiors a few weeks ago. Khael had stopped it briefly during my absence.

When Khael saw the rooms, he was impressed as well.

"Wow, just look at this place..."

He looked about, up and down, scanning the whole area.

"I could hardly remember the room it used to be. I knew you would be the perfect person when it comes to beautifying things."

Khael showered me with praise through our walk around the tower. I told him if it weren't for Cree, Cicili, and the workers here we wouldn't we able to admire any of their work. Each and every one of the workers were so talented. I was amazed by such talent. I admired the intricate carvings and designs on the walls that were engraved with their bare hands.

After a short flight of stairs, we came to an empty room saved for our child. Khael saved the rooms with the best views for us. The room facing the waterfall was to be our son's room. It had plenty of sunlight and that was what I found most important. And of course the view was fabulous here.

I opened the two doors leading to the small balcony. I was able to see some of the children spraying each other with water by the falls from here. Their joyous laughter brought a smile to my face as well.

I closed my eyes against the small breeze that passed by me.

What a nice breeze...

Khael

Her hands drifted away from me. My eyes were dancing along with her as she moved about the room in excitement. It showed in the way she walked and the little gestures she made. Her dress lightly swayed back and forth everytime she looked back at me. The rays of the setting sun kissed her cheeks just enough to leave a faint glow.

She pointed to the things that appealed to her eyes to share it with me but my eyes had their own purpose of following her. It was a relief to see that it wasn't a bad idea to have her plan the interiors for the tower. I don't think I've ever seen such a genuine smile on her face like this before. I didn't want to interrupt and just wanted to watch her.

"Oh..."

She stopped amidst her steps. Her hands were wrapped around her belly as she looked down. My eyes widened at the sight and I rushed to her.

"What is it Lilith?..Maybe we should take a break."

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder to have her sit.

"H-He's just a bit e-excited today."

She grabbed onto my forearm and told me there was no need for us to rest. But there were times I felt she would push herself and I needed to be the one to refrain her from doing so. I allowed my arms to swoop her from underneath and she yelped at my sudden behavior. Her hands rested on my shoulder to keep balance and turned to face me.

"K-Khael...I-I'm heavy. I can walk m-myself."

"And would you have listened?"

She couldn’t argue and only gave me a shy smile. She was quite persistent sometimes but today she remained still until we reached one of our rooms in the tower.

Lilith

"We've arrived my lady."

My cheeks were still flushed from the embarrassment. The workers here all stared at us as Khael carried me all across the tower. I lifted my face off his shoulder as he gently placed me on the bed while he remained on the floor.

"Y-You treat me like a princess..."

"And what's wrong with that? Do you prefer to be treated as my Queen?"

My eyes widened when he lowered himself to kiss on top my foot. He looked up at me with a smirk on his face. There was no way of winning against him and his words.

I tugged on his arm for him to sit with me but instead he wrapped his large hands around my feet and started to massage them gently.

He worried that they would get easily swollen and told me it would be good for circulation. The heat from his rough hands felt so soothing against my skin. They relaxed me well as they moved up behind my calf.

He treated me so gently and carefully. I knew for sure he would be the same to our son. I've learned that a good husband may not always be a good father. But Khael was different.

"K-Khael?"

He looked up at me from below as his hands continued to knead my feet.

"We should g-give our son a n-name. I don't w-want to make him wait any l-longer. Have you t-thought of any?"

I wanted our son to live as a Dravick and follow in Khael's footsteps. Of course as well as his name. I've thought of many and numerously written on the papers. A name was something to consider carefully for our beloved son.

"Of course I have. But traditionally all the boys here have similar names like Koa, Kaika, Akau. You'd be surprised by the amount of kids that have the same name here. The elders always wanted a boy's name to hold strength and power...I personally don't want to call our child in these common names to simply follow a tradition."

I also did not want our child to have a common name. Of course, those names were beautiful and held deep meaning but I simply wanted our son to have a name of his own. A name both Khael and I agree on. I felt giving our son a name without much thought would make him feel unloved or uncared for. But it bothered me that we would not be following the traditions here.

"What do you think Lilith..do you have a name in mind for him?"

"I do...b-but I wanted our child to have a n-name of a Dravick. And to live as a Dravick j-just like you."

"Well what is it that you have in mind?"

I shifted my eyes to him, hesitant to share it.

"L-Lovis...a miracle sent from heaven."

The look of curiosity he had was replaced with a gentle smile. By his small change of expression, I was able to tell he liked it.

"That's a lovely name, Lilith. It suits him perfectly."

"R-Really?"

"Yes, I have no doubt. He's our miracle child."

Our miracle child...

Even when I couldn't provide him an easy life inside, he managed to hold on. I was proud of him for that. There was nothing else I could ever wish for anymore than for him to be a healthy child.

"In fact, I like it even more that it's a Roemn name. You are a Roemn and I a Dravick. That's one thing that will never change and that's perfectly fine. I want our son to embrace both our cultures as he grows."

He told me there was no need to wipe away his identity as Roemn and strictly raise him as a Dravick. Both a Roemn and Dravick.

"He'll be loved by all."

*

(the meaning of the names presented are not accurate and only made to fit the story)

Thank you