Chp. 65

Khael

I wiped my forehead once I finished. I was satisfied with the final outcome. My father had always told me I was skilled with using my hands but I've never made stuff like this before.

I looked at the small swing hanging off one of the thick branches of the tree. It looked liked a small wooden bucket with two circular cutouts for his small legs. It seemed a bit early to be doing this but I couldn't help myself. As the days passed, I was filled with more excitement to see our child.

I realized I've been so attached to Lilith, constantly rubbing and leaning against her belly. He's become more active. At times it felt as if he was having a small dance. If I could, I wished to just hold her and feel him dance the whole day. I was sure she was a bit tired from how I was acting but she always allowed me to do so.

I closed my eyes allowing myself to feel the brief breeze passing by. This place was no longer just a place for Lilith and I. I wanted it to be a place for our family. A small getaway on top this hill under this tree.

I was eager to show Lilith. When I reached our room, I found her staring at the paper calendar again. I've noticed she's been looking at the calendar often. She's been doing this since a few days ago and it had me wondering.

Lilith

I remembered the date clearly. It was around this time when father mentioned Khael was having a ceremony for his birthday. Back then, we did not attend the ceremony. Father thought it was a waste of time especially because he assumed Khael would not even return from the war. Also, he was sure Khael would change his mind about our marriage if we were to meet in person. There were times when Khael visited our dukedom and for these reasons, I was never allowed out of my room in case we would possibly meet.

But this time we would spend our time together. It would be different and I wanted to do something for him. I've thought deeply about what and an idea sneaked its way through.

The ballroom.

My eyes widened as I remembered what Cree and Cicili mentioned before. They showed such excitement to the idea of having a ball here in Draylum. They've never seen or been to one before. I was sure the people would also enjoy it, knowing how Dravicks loved celebrations.

It wasn't something I was familiar with either. I've only seen the crowd of people entering the castle through my window back in Roem. The night of the ball was always so sparkling from afar.

Unlike me, Khael has been to numerous balls. I wondered what he wore to these parties. With his looks, I was sure he was the center of attention amongst the ladies there.

Planning the ballroom was my greatest concern because it was the main place people would see. Although I was worried, I didn't want to delay it any further. I wanted the North Tower to be finished before his birthday ceremony.

It was the first thing Khael asked for me to do for him, helping plan the construction of the North Tower. I wanted to do my best for him. As his wife, it was also my responsibility not to taint his name. Khael has sacrificed so much to be where he is now for his people and as his wife I cannot be that flaw. And so, I want to be a suitable wife for him, his people, and our family.

Cree and Cicili mentioned the interior of the rooms were all finished with the designs we picked about a month ago. We'll be able to see it today and get started with the ballroom. The only ones we didn't get to finish discussing were the ballroom and our son's room.

As for our son's room-

My eyes widened and I turned around at the feel of my hair being undone.

Khael

Her soft waves were held in a low bun today. The small pieces that were too short to be tucked in perfectly framed her face. With her hair like this, I was able to admire her smooth neckline down to her shoulders. It was as if she was luring me in to give her a kiss, saving me the perfect space for it.

A small breath of my kiss was all I could give her today because I had promised myself I would not touch her further. It was a promise I must keep this time especially with what I was told from the healer.

Be gentle.

My hands reached over to her hair being held by a hair ornament and pulled the strings to let it loose. It unraveled down her back, covering her neck and shoulders away from my view.

She was startled from my sudden behavior and turned around to face me. Her lips were slightly parted with her eyes wide. I looked at the calendar along with her, curious of what held her attention.

"What are you thinking about?"

Her hands moved away from the pages of the calendar.

"W-When did you come back?"

"Just now. Did I disturb you?"

She shook her head and smiled for me when she saw my fingers combing through her soft curls.

"K-Khael..the girls told me they've f-finished the rooms for the North tower."

"Yes, I've heard. But I haven't got a chance to see it yet. Have you seen it yourself?"

"N-No. We will go this evening."

"Well that's perfect. Why don't we go together."

She shifted to fully face me. Her eyebrows were a bit hunched with concern.

"W-Will that be okay? What about the b-boys and their training?"

"Lucan can take over for me today. There's nothing you have to worry."

My hands cupped her face while my thumb rubbed her cheeks.

"Besides who are they to tell me what to do. I make the rules here."

Lilith

His chuckled as he tried to assure me again.

Then I guess it should be fine for today.

"T-the only places that aren't f-finished is the ballroom and our son's room...I was hoping we could plan it t-together."

I wanted to plan it with Khael. I wanted to have those little conversations deciding what colors would be suitable, what carvings should be bordering the windowsills, the colors for the curtains, and even which side would be best for his little bed. Just things a normal family would do.

Khael's wide smile assured me he liked the idea. We would plan it together.

I looked down, rubbing my growing belly.

You must be growing impatient now too. I think it's time to give you a name.

*

Thank you

P.S.
Considering how our baby will be born soon, I just wanted to remind everyone this story is mainly about Khael & Lilith. I will write about how they raise their baby together but nothing too in depth. That will make this story too long.