Chp. 58

Lilith

Pieces of his hair fell to the floor as I snipped the bottom long strands. I was finally able to keep my promise to cut it for him. It was fairly long but he hadn't touched it at all. I wondered if he had been waiting for me.

Laurdes used to cut my hair for me when I was a child but as I grew older I learned to do it myself. I was not skilled at all so I was nervous I would ruin his hair. I didn't mind how mine turned out but Khael's was different. I couldn't possibly have him walking around with such awful hair.

When I had finished, he ruffled his hair with his hands and pushed them back. He stood up abruptly, having the bath towel around his waist fall to the ground. He was completely naked but his eyes remained on the large mirror.

"This feels much better, so refreshing. I never knew you had such talent. You're really full of surprises."

He turned with a wide smile on his face but I turned away quickly. He walked about so freely that I felt the heat rise to my face.

"I-It's no talent...and I've n-never cut a man's hair b-before."

I hoped he really liked it. Considering it was my first on a different person, I thought it turned out quite well.

I was startled when I felt his arms wrap around me and leaned against me. I felt the warmth of his chest as well as his member pressed firmly behind me. I turned my head to the side to face him. His dark eyes with such soft gaze dived into mine.

"Thank you Lilith."

With a kiss on my cheek, he told me he would be heading out today to meet his men. There were a few things he wanted to get out of the way and couldn't wait any longer. He assured me he wouldn't do anything strenuous and told me not to worry. He tried to take off the sling for his arm but I convinced him to keep it on longer.

It had been weeks since our return but it seemed so early for him to be leaving like this. I hoped he didn't overwork himself.

Khael

The merchants would start coming today and we would continue the construction for the North Tower soon. There would be no more delays. However, my priorities have changed. What was most important for me was the border of Draylum. After what's happened to Lilith, I decided that was best for our future as well as for our people.

We had enough men guarding our borders and what seemed impermeable was easily broken with a couple of rats among us. Those that betrayed me have died along with Naibi. Hanging their heads and cutting their limbs were the consequences they all had to see. Except Lilith, I did not want her to see such vile acts.

Although these problems were solved, it was still preventable with more precaution. When I reached the tents, our men were already waiting for my arrival.

Every one of them had a different look on their face. Some had a look of bitterness while the others had a look of worry. Lucan and Ruel were the only ones that appeared calm and collected.

"Chief Khael. We can't just let the Ceneans come and go whenever they wish. It's only a matter of time, they'll attack us again. Next time, it may danger not only Lady Lilith but all of Draylum."

"Exactly, who knows what they'll do next? They've dared to cross our borders and even succeeded on capturing Lady Lilith."

"Nakoa, that bastard...We need to obliterate them. King Brennus will provide us with an army after all we've done for Roem."

The men seethed in anger and hatred. Most responded in favor of this talk of war. In my younger years, I would've agreed and prepared for war. My temper as well as their audacity to challenge us Dravicks would've been enough reasons. But I've changed. My immediate thoughts were the outcomes that followed after the war.