Chp. 18

Lilith

For the rest of the day I didn't get to see Khael. It wasn't anything that bothered me since I was distracted in getting accquinted with the people here.

Cree and Cicili introduced me to the farmers, stable boys, maids, craftsmen, and the women that worked at the taverns. They were all brief encounters but I was able to see that they were all kind people.

My difficulties didn't seem to matter to them. At least nothing grand and I was relieved.

The girls also mentioned there were often times where travelers stopped by and traded their goods. That was something I looked forward too.

I was shy to meet new people, especially because I was afraid of what they would think of me. I wasn't sure if they really accepted me as Khael's wife yet.

Having difficulty speaking was enough of an embarrassment for Khael. I would have to put more effort in to have my voice reach the people. But my heart refused to listen and beated rapidly to the mere thought.

My attention shifted to the laughters I heard by the wheat fields. It was the children playing amongst themselves while their parents were busy.

It reminded me of the kids in Roem. I wanted to go back there soon. The kids there never got to see my face but it was more than enough to see their smiles from the small goods I left. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I found out they've been calling me the 'night fairy'.

But all of these thoughts disappeared after I remembered what the girls told me. Khael would never let me leave alone. And this wasn't something I wanted to announce and drag all the men with me to go there. That would intimidate the villagers.

The sun was setting and the shadows on the ground grew more apparent.

I should head back soon.

When I pushed past the curtains to our room, Khael wasn't there. I assumed he was still in the fields but when I walked in a bit further I heard his voice.

"No, it's fine. I'll do it myself."

I peered inside and saw one of the maids take their leave through the curtains near the baths. There was a tray with pieces of bread, fruits and what seemed like glasses of wine on top.

Khael was getting undressed and tossed his clothes over one chair. I lowered my eyes when he turned around. He stepped inside the warm waters, spreading his arms across the stone steps.

I gasped when I bumped into the small table outside and from this his eyes opened. He turned his attention to me without any change of expression.

"What are you doing just standing there?"

"I-I didn't mean to intrude. I'll w-wait outside."

He leaned back while observing me.

"You act as if this is our first time taking a bath together. Get inside."

I didn't understand it myself either. We've seen each other naked numerous times but right now I was the center of his attention. Standing in this grand room made it worse. I held the hem of my dress against my legs and stepped forward.

I pulled off the sleeves and let the dress slither down my back. I slowly faced him. He held his hand out towards me and I followed. The water waved back and forth when I stepped inside. I couldn't help but breathe out from the warmth it spread across my body.

His hand wrapped firmly around my wrist and pulled me onto his lap. I was sitting in between his legs and I shivered at the feel. I carefully laid my head against his chest. It was better this way now that I couldn't see his eyes on me.

"Doing this every now and then, repeatedly...You'll find yourself accepting it soon."

He broke off a piece of a grape from its stem and held it above my lips. I parted my lips and its sweet juice spread inside with a pop.

It was the sweetest I've ever tasted. I fed him in the same manner. Some of them had seeds but he just chewed them into pieces and swallowed without much thought.

Halfway through our tray of food, his hands started to roam around me. With a clean, wet cloth he started to rub my body thoroughly. My arms, my back and furthur below.

My eyes lingered on the beautiful art on his arm. The mark of the Dravicks. Without a thought, my hands reached to touch it. His eyes followed and peered down at what had me captivated. His small smile appeared on his face.

"Now that you are mine, you'll have this mark on your body as well."

His eyes lingered on places I was too embarrassed to mention.

"Traditionally, the women have theirs on the left side of their shoulder...but here is quite beautiful as well."

His hands traced over the hills of my breast and my buds tingled. They travelled down the side of my waist as he placed his kiss on my stomach. I felt his lips part to speak against my skin.

"Hopefully I'll come back to see it on you."

What does he mean?

"A-Are you leaving?"

He leaned away to carry me and place me on the stone steps. I was now looking down at him.

"It's the King's invitation to the castle...We're leaving tomorrow."

Tomorrow...

It was so sudden. Just the days travelling to and from Roem would take roughly a week. My chest tightened at the thought. Khael cursed under his breath.

"It hasn't even been a week since our arrival and we're leaving back to Roem. His decisions are always thoughtless."

He was irritated but that only lasted for a while.

"I can't possibility leave you alone."

It showed from his face that he was downhearted. As much as I was worried of his absence, I didn't want to be the reason for his worries. After all, the girls were here with me. I would use this time to fulfill my duties as his wife here.

My hands trembled as I reached to caress his face.

"Please don't w-worry about me. I'll be w-waitting for you here."

My face flushed as I finished my words. It was a large leap to say these words to him. I hoped they had reached him. His eyes slightly widened and lowered as he leaned into my hand.

"You make it much harder for me to leave you."

Along with his words, his lips were that much softer and warmer tonight. I hoped everything would go well.

*

Thank you