Chp. 70

Lilith

There was a letter on the table. The folds of the small paper weren't as prominent and from this I was able to tell Khael was in a rush to leave in the morning.

His writing was a bit sloppy as well but even in such a rush, he never forgot to say he loved me.

I love you.

Those three words did not hold such sloppiness.

There was someone that wanted to see me today. Not long after I had my breakfast, the girls also came to escort me to the place I would meet this special guest. I wondered who it could've been that wanted to see me.

I had few acquaintances, almost none now that I've moved out of Roem.

W-Where are you taking me?

We walked over the roots of a tree rising off of the grounds. I tilted my head over to the side out of curiosity. There was a dark figure sitting on one of the wooden bench facing the waterfalls. Although the large cloak covered majority of the person, I was able to tell this person was a woman. She had a smaller frame. The maid told her of my arrival and she slowly turned around to face me as she moved the hood away from her head.

We stood there in silence admist the sounds of the bristling leaves on the tree. My eyes widened as I held my breath in shock from who was standing in front of me. My eyebrows furrowed as my lips trembled from the sight.

"L-Laurdes!"

I rushed over to her but it was as if my legs had given up on me. Laurdes rushed over me just in time, before I collapsed onto the floor.

"Lady Lilith!"

Her hands were gripping onto both sides of my shoulders and a mixture of emotions were evident on her face.

"Are you alright? You need to be more careful."

Her words grew faint behind my thoughts, simply from the fact that she was right here in front of me. My eyes wandered across her face.

"Laurdes...it is you.."

My hand shook as I reached over her face. Her hands moved to mine that reached for her face. She held mine in both her hands, as if they were so precious to her. When she kissed on top my hand, the tears I tried to hold back burst and streamed down my face.

"Oh, L-Laurdes...I've missed you so much. S-so much."

I sobbed in her embrace. The people were so kind to me. It was not loneliness I felt at all. But seeing Laurdes felt as if she had filled a missing piece of me.

She cooed me as I was in her embrace. The warmth of her body provided such comfort. I had lost track of time. I wasn't sure how long I had been crying in her arms. When I was able to settle down a bit, we had sat down by the wooden bench to catch up for the months we have not seen each other.

I had been so worried about her after I've left Roem, especially because I knew how father was like. If I did not follow his orders, those I cared for were harmed. And because of this, it was so hard for me to face Laurdes like this. I had escaped and left her on her own.

But there was a truth that she had not share with me up until now. My eyes widened at the fact that she was no longer at the Pensington estates.

"I owe my service to Chief Khael."

Khael had been looking out for Laurdes and her family all this time. He had set them free from my father's treacherous deeds of flesh. For the time being, they've been in a small town not far from Roem.