Fourteen.

It's inevitable everything that's good comes to an end, It's impossible to know if after this we can still be friends

Ashley, Lauren, Amber and Mia all stood in the middle of the makeshift dance floor they had made in Jack and Ambers house, a glass of champagne in their hands as they danced around to the slow paced, break up song, but an ultimate favourite for the four of them.

"What happened in the room then bro? You look like you've been slapped with a fish" Mason chuckled, as Ben rolled his eyes at his friend. "Nothing, just got to know each other" Ben smiled, but his eyes stayed focused on the brunette haired girl stood with her friends.

"I love how they all get on, it's just a shame that Ash has a dick of a fiancée" Declan mumbled, as he took a sip from the bottle he had been nursing for past ten minutes, knowing he was drunk, and he should probably stop drinking, at least so he could look after his own girlfriend.

"You literally suck his dick in the comments, don't lie" Mason smirked, as Ben looked between the two friends. "Why do you hate him so much?" Ben mumbled, but his eyes still stayed focused on the four females dancing.

I know there's nothing I can do to change it, but is there something that can be negotiated, my heart's already breaking, baby, go on, twist the knife

"It's like when she's with him she's a different person" Mason mumbled, as he smiled to his girlfriend, who was using any empty champagne bottle as a microphone, singing her heart out to One Direction.

"But what do you mean?" Ben pressed, as Jack rolled his eyes at the Chelsea defender. "It means she used to be fun, now all she does is stay at home with him, does what he wants, his a controlling dick who needs to leave her, we've all tried to encourage her positively, but she needs to make that choice by herself, but with weeks left till the wedding, I don't see it happening" Jack mumbled, as he finished the bottle of beer he was drinking, before he leant against the bar, watching his fiancée sing and dance with her friends.

"Maybe I'll object at the wedding" Declan laughed. "Nah, Ben should his single it'll be more believable" Mason laughed, as Ben nodded his head, not really playing attention to the conversation, just focused on Ashley and how she smiled, her smile going from ear to ear, as her hair flicked around, dancing to the music and singing like her life depended on it.

"His not even listening" Mason mumbled with a smirk, as Declan nodded his head. "His watching her" Declan smiled, as Jack laughed nodding his head.
"Should of done this a long time ago" Jack smirked.

One more taste of your lips just to bring me back, to the places we've been and the nights we've had, because if this is it then at least we could end it right, oh why you're wearing that to walk out of my life..

"Don't look now, but I think Ben is giving Ashley the eyes" Mia smirked, as Amber twirled around on the spot, looking over at her fiancée standing with his friends. "Do you reckon she'll see the light?" Amber questioned as Mia shrugged. "Urgh, don't look now but here's trouble" Amber mumbled, as Lauren and Mia turned around and watched as Jordan walked over to them, his arms wrapping around Ashleys waist.

"Hey" Jordan whispered into Ashley's ear, as her eyes grew wide and she turned around to face her fiancée. "Hey? What are you doing here? You said you couldn't make it" Ashley exclaimed, as Jordan lifted her up, holding her close to him, as Ashley's eyes fell onto her friends, as Amber and Mia exchanged looks, as Jack and Mason walked over to their partners, holding them close.

"Fancy seeing you here" Jack smiled, as he looked at Jordan, at least he offered a smile, unlike Mason, and if looks could kill, Jordan would be dead, two times over.

"Jack? Still haven't had a haircut" Jordan chuckled, as he clasped the Birmingham male around the shoulder, as Jack chose to grit his teeth. "Same sarcastic humour" Jack mumbled, as Ashley looked down at her feet, moving her hair behind her ears. "I was just on my way back and I figured I'd pop in, see what I was missing" Jordan said as he wrapped an arm around Ashley in a protective stance.

"Oh Ash, I need you help with something?" Mason smiled, as Jordan looked over at the Chelsea Midfielder, a pondering glance on his face, as his hand tightened against Ashley's waist. "Oh, I thought we was just gonna grab some food and head home?" Jordan smiled towards Ashley, as she sighed. "I'll just be a minute" Ashley whispered.

But as the four of six of them stood there, some a moment longer than what was needed, a set of blue eyes was watching them from across the room, his drink held to his hand, as he looked over, trying to work out what conversations were happening.

It was obvious by the shift in the atmosphere that Ben knew who had walked in, he didn't need to be told, he had heard enough conversations before tonight and during the evening to work out the situation between them two people who were due to be married in the coming weeks, and if he was being honest, although he didn't know the two people enough to have an opinion, he still did have one, like any normal person.

"If his as bad as everyone says he is, why does she stick around?" Ben whispered, as Declan shook his head laughing. "Ever heard of the saying love is blinding?" Declan mumbled as Ben nodded his head, finally taking a sip of the beer he had been nursing.

"Something happened in that room didn't it?" Declan smirked, as Ben smiled to himself but shook his head, he had promised it would stay between them and he was someone who intended on keeping his side of it. "They've been together for a while, on and off, but I think at the end of the day he does love her, he just had a funny way of showing it" Declan continued to mumble, as Ben nodded his head.

But before Ben knew it, he was walking over, Declan following in his footsteps, mumbling words under his breath, as Ben approached the group smiling from ear to ear.

"Oh, hi, I don't think we've met" Ben smiled, as he held a hand out to Jordan, shaking his hand. "I know who you are, I watched you play football earlier" Jordan smiled, but it was stern, not genuine.

"Jordan isn't it? Ashley's fiancée?" Ben smiled, as his eyes cast over Ashley briefly, giving her a smile, which she instantly returned, almost feeling somewhat at comfort again, as Jordan nodded his head. "Yes, your Benjamin aren't you" Jordan stated, as Ben smiled. "Yeah, I go by Ben" Ben smiled. "I just wanted to say, your fiancée is incredibly talented, quite the vocalist" Ben smiled, as Jordan looked between Ashley and Ben, a questioning gaze on his face, as Jack scoffed, before laughing to himself, Amber elbowing him in the ribs to quieten him down.

"Well, it's been nice to see you all, but we should really get going, we've got an early start" Jordan smiled, as he stood back for a moment, his eyes gazing at his phone whilst Ashley muttered her apologies and goodbyes, not really knowing when she would see them again before her own wedding.

"Ash, how long are you going to be unhappy?" Mason mumbled, as he pulled his friend in for a hug.
"I'm happy, I promise" Ashley smiled.

But anyone looking in could see she was one step away from breaking down.

Hey, hey, hey, oh even though it's over you should stay the night, hey, hey, hey, if tomorrow you won't be mine, won't you give it to me one last time, oh baby, let me love you goodbye

Authors Note;
Hey guys.
Not 100% sure I like this, but I'm open to a new style of writing.
Any feedback is much appreciated!
Thank you all for giving it a read :-)