Forty Six.

November 16th 2020

"Aye up bubs" Amber smiled, as she opened the door to Ashley's house and walked in smiling at her smaller best friend, as Mia decided she was making herself at home, jumping on the sofa, and lying down flat, resting her feet at the end of the sofa on the arm rest, making Ashley giggle to herself.

"Hey" Ashley smiled, but before Amber could reply, or even say anything, Mia had broken the short silence, sitting up and clasping her hands together. "So, give us all the dirty details, you and Chilly?" Mia smiled, as Ashley rolled her eyes, but still smiled, giggling to herself slightly.

"There's not really a lot to say" Ashley whispered, as she took a seat next to Amber on the other sofa, taking the coffee in the cup holder smiling briefly as a thank you, before her eyes landed on Mia again, now sat up, her legs crossed with her hands on her knee, a raised eyebrow and a smirk on her face.

"Amber, please bring forward exhibit A" Mia smirked, as Amber chuckled to herself, lifting her phone up with the group chat messages opened. "Forgive me if I am wrong, but that text reads 'I kissed Ben, a couple of times' am I right?" Mia smirked, as Ashley nodded her head.

"Sorry, a little louder for those at the back?" Mia laughed, as she held a hand to her ear, trying to laugh through the situation in their hands.

"Guys I need your support not an interview with the police" Ashley sighed, as she ran a hand through her hair.

And it was at that moment that Mia and Amber realised how unhappy the best friend was, that she had in fact been hiding her feelings away, that everything they had said in the past was true.

"But if you're not happy why can't you just leave him Ash? There's no point in trying" Mia whispered, as Ashley shook her head at her friend. "Things aren't that simple, I really can't say too much" Ashley muttered as she took a sip from her coffee.

"That's the thing though babe, you're always giving us half the information, how are we supposed to support you when you clearly don't trust us?" Mia mumbled, as Ashley looked over at her, her face falling slightly.

"I do trust you, god I trust you with my life" Ashley stated, as she looked at her friend, Amber choosing to stay quiet, knowing this could go either way, knowing she would be the peace keeper in the situation once it was all aired out in the open.

"Well it doesn't seem that way right now" Mia stated, her voice blunt, as Ashley shook her head. "You don't get it" Ashley whispered, as Mia shook her head, standing up from the sofa. "I don't get it because you won't explain it, you won't let me understand it" Mia muttered, as she threw her coffee cup in the bin, the force of the throw making the coffee cup bounce from the lid into the bin.

"And maybe until you tell me the full side of your story, I don't wanna hear about your affair with Ben, I don't want to be dragged into it. I won't watch you break his heart, his too kind for that" Mia stated, as she looked at her friend before adverting her gaze to the floor.

"I'm not having an affair with Ben" Ashley stated, as she stood up from the sofa, throwing her hands in the air, her emotions getting the better of her.

"Then what is it? You're cheating on your fiancée, it's adultery" Mia states, her hands on her hips, before she moved them to run through her blonde hair.

"A big word from Mia there" Amber smirked, trying to lighten the mood, but the glare that come from Mias eyes was enough to make the room fall quiet.

"I'm not going to sit back and watch you break this heart Ash, he deserves the world, not a cheater" Mia stated, as Ashley shook her head, the tears lining her eyes. She never thought her best friend would stand her and hurt her with her words.

"It's all fake" Ashley whispered, as the room fell silent, Mia shaking her head. "No you're leading him on Ash and that ain't fair" Mia muttered, as she kicked the floor with her foot.

"No, mine and Jordan's relationship, it's all fake, it's a fake marriage, with a contract binding us together" Ashley whispered, as the tears left her eyes. "Oh, Ash" Amber muttered, as she stood up from the sofa pulling her friend in for a hug. "I can't get out of it, I've tried so hard, I've invested time and money into it all, but it can't call it off" Ashley muttered, as she tears left her eyes.

And it wasn't long until the three girls were cuddled up on the sofa, tear stained cheeks from Ashley, as they spoke about the whole situation, from start to finish, Ashley explaining how she took a deal to help the band she had worked so hard in to take off, agreeing to have a fake relationship with a well known dancer, someone who had the name and the status that she needed to get their band off the ground, taking the chance she was given, taking the risks she needed to do for a glimpse of the sun, but there's always the fine print that you're supposed to read, there's always a catch to a happier ending.

"He either has to call it off, or the band have to split up" Ashley whispered, as Mia looked at her shaking her head. "Surly you can buy him out, surely there's a price on all of this" Mia whispered, as Ashley shook her head. "There isn't, I've tried, it's literally marry him, or give up on singing basically, they even wrote in that I couldn't get signed as a solo artist, unless he calls it off" Ashley whispered. "And there's no reason for him to do it, he has everything he needs, everything he ever wanted from this" Ashley muttered. "So I just have to go along with it all" Ashley mumbled. "This is it" Ashley whispered, as she continued to let the tears fall.