Eighty Five.

December 10th 2020

"Are you sure that this is a wise idea?" Mia questioned to Ashley, as she played with her hair, her eyes staying lingered on the clock in the lounge as Ashley finally cast her gaze to her friend.

"You're like two teenagers" Amber smiled, as Ashley gave her a small smile back. "It's just being out in public" Mia stated, as Ashley nodded her head slowly. "It's a group of friends going out for a friends birthday, the media can see it how they want to" Ashley stated, as Mia rolled her eyes. "They already think you and Jordan have split up" Mia smiled at the thought of that being true one day, however, it seemed like that day was never coming.

"Let's just have a good day, we can deal with the repercussions later" Ashley smiled, as she watched as Declan pulled up outside the house in what looked like a black minivan, laughing at the banner that screamed that it was Ambers birthday along the side of it.

"Let's get this party started then" Amber smiled, as all three girls headed out to the minibus, smiling at the lads, as Lauren opened the door from the inside. "I'm so glad to see you guys because these guys smell, really bad" Lauren smiled, as she stepped out, engulfing her friends in a hug, before they all laughed, taking a seat in the bus, Ashley sliding in next to Ben, as she smiled at him. "Friends now?" Ben teased her, as Ashley rolled her eyes playfully. "We're always friends" Ashley smiled, but she couldn't help but smile wider as she felt Bens fingers run over her own, before he laced their hands together, Ashley finally feeling content, surrounded by her friends.

"Go on then Ashy, give us a song!" Mason chimed, as he looked over at his best friend, hi arm draped around his fiance, mimicking Jack and Amber's actions, as Ashley smiled at them both, she was so happy that her friends had found their person, and couldn't wait to see their story unfold.

"Sing what exactly?" Ashley smiled, as Declan turned the radio down, as Lauren looked over the seats to look at what was going on in the back of the bus. "Why did i agree to drive?" Declan whined, as he huffed to himself, causing Ben and Mason to laugh at him, as Jack rolled his eyes. "I offered to get a driver, you kept saying no" Jack mumbled.

"Right, stop moaning, i'll sing" Ashley smiled, as she began to hum to herself, before the words started flowing out of her.

Man I been stressing about the boy I never loved, and I been getting caught up cause I think too much, haven't slept in weeks cause yeah there's more I want, to get out of my life..

As Ashley sang the whole of the bus went quiet, just them taking in the moment of her singing, just listening to the way her voice flowed around the bus, how her emotions shone through whatever she sang, leaving Ben thinking about how flawless she really was.

Now I'm lying in my bed at 11:11, trying to make a wish, got all of these questions, I can't mess it up, I'll really regret it, guess I'm relying on this very second, 11:11

"How do you make anything sound so simple, yet so beautiful" Ben murmured in her ear, as the rest of the bus just sat back, engaging back in their conversations, content with how their day was going ahead. "I don't, but you make kicking a ball look pretty flawless" Ashley smiled back, as she rested her shoulder on Ben's staring out of the window, as his fingers brushed against hers once more.

~~~~

"Come on" Ben whispered, as he leant down his lips to Ashley's ear, as he pulled her aside, away from their friends who were too busy playing a duck game to notice that the two of them had left the group.

"Ben! They'll know we've gone somewhere" Ashley stated, as Ben smiled at her shaking his head. "Five minutes, maybe ten" Ben smiled, as he linked their hands together, pulling her to the lights that had started to shine across the fairground.

"Where are we going?" Ashley giggled, as Ben shook his head. "You'll see" Ben smiled, as they entered the line for the ferris wheel, Ashley smiling at Ben. "I've been trying to get you on this all afternoon" Ashley smiled, as Ben nodded his head. "I know, but this will be the more scenic time" Ben stated proud of himself, as Ashley looked down at their entwined hands, her other hand wrapping around his bicep, as she leant into him.

"This has been a really fun day" Ashley smiled, as her and Ben sat down on the ride, the worker strapping the bar down, as Ben looked at Ashley with a wide grin. "It's been pretty good" Ben smiled, as he gave Ashleys hand a squeeze.

"You've been holding my hand most of the day" Ashley smiled, as she placed a piece of lose hair behind her ear, taking Bens hat off his head and placing it on her own. "I know, I figured you didn't mind" Ben smiled, as Ashley shook her head.

"I wish things were different Benji" Ashley stated, as they stopped at the top of the ferris wheel, Ashley gasping slightly at the view, and Ben was right, it was breathtaking.

"I know you do, and as much as I push you more than I should, as much as I wish things were different right now, I'll wait Ashy" Ben stated, as his lips ghosted against her cheek, as the fireworks in the background began to be set off, Ben smiling as he knew this was the reason he had brought her up here, a perfect place, with someone he thought was perfect, watching the fireworks.

But all Ashley could think about was that night in Mykonos, the night she knew should of never of happened, the night where her and Ben made out like teenagers hiding away from their parents.

And then Ashley began to think about how she knew Ben was so much better for her than Jordan, and how her relationship or her marriage to be was built on a piece of paper, folded together with lies and secrets to take them both to hell.

But in that moment, with the fireworks going off, their friends in the distance watching the fireworks as Mason still tried to win a teddy, Ashley turned Bens face, taking a quick glance into his eyes, before she pressed her lips to his, holding his cheek with her hand as he smiled into the kiss.

"What's that for?" Ben smiled, as he pulled away from their kiss, pressing his forehead to hers. "I think you're showing me the true meaning of love" Ashley whispered, as Ben pressed his lips to hers again, before smiling at her. "I'd fall in love with you everyday, I'd shout it from the rooftops to be able to take you out, to hold you in the street" Ben stated, as Ashley smiled to herself.

Why can't I hold you in the street, why can't I kiss you on the dance floor, I wish that it could be like that, why can't we be like that, cause I'm yours