Twenty Four.

November 1st 2020

Ashley woke up from her slumber in a room she didn't quite recognise, in fact she didn't know at all as she groaned out loud before she was met with the mischievous chuckle she knew too well.

"Well this isn't your room so who's is it?" Ashley mumbled, as she ran a hand over her face, as Mason and Jack laughed at her from the end of the bed. "Stop laughing and start talking" Ashley mumbled as she sat up, looking down at the blue Chelsea top that clung to her body.

"Get a little chilly last night?" Jack snickered, as Ashley groaned, before she lay back her head hitting the pillow, wishing it would engulf her alive.
"Chillyyy" Mason sang, as he threw a pillow from the end of the bed at the sleeping body next to Ashley as she groaned again, before getting out of the bed, looking down at the football kit she was wearing.

"Chill wake the fuck up" Mason laughed, as he threw another pillow, watching as Ben rose from the bed with a raised eyebrow. "How are you so cheery after the amount you drank last night?" Ben mumbled. "Well, I thought I'd you got laid you'd of woke up better" Jack mumbled with a smirk, as Ashley looked at Ben with raised eyebrows.

"We didn't sleep together, why would I sleep with Ash?" Ben mumbled, as Ashley sighed a sigh of relief. "Shit, I need to go home" Ashley mumbled, as Mason and Jack looked at each other smirking.

"Oh yeah, because people who have just met sleep together in bed" Mason smirked, as Ben threw the pillow from by his head at Mason. "Hey, just saying it" Mason smirked. "You guys are not helping my headache, my situation, or anything right now, will you please kindly, fuck off" Ashley muttered, as she ran a hand through her hair. "Don't shoot the messenger, breakfast is ready" Jack muttered, as Ashley shook her head. "You didn't say breakfast was ready, you implied that me and him were fucking" Ashley muttered, as she looked for her phone amongst her clothes that were scattered in odd places around the room.

"You remember my name right?" Ben whispered, as the door closed, indicating that Mason and Jack had left the hungover adults in the room, as Ashley rubbed her arm up and down. "Of course I know who you are Ben" Ashley mumbled. "Okay, good" Ben smiled, as Ashley couldn't help but smile at him smiling.

"What happened?" Ashley whispered, as she placed herself at the end of the bed, watching as Ben sat up slightly, the duvet falling down his torso revealing the top half of his body, which made Ashley's mouth water, feeling like it was getting harder to breath.

"We didn't do anything, well, we didn't do that" Ben whispered, as Ashley looked down, the guilt overtaking her body. "Ashy, I know you're not happy in your relationship" Ben whispered, as Ashley shook her head. "Let's get breakfast, then I'll head home and we can pretend this never happened" Ashley whispered, as she found her jeans on the floor, pulling them over the football shorts as she walked out of the door, throwing her hair up in a messy bun.
"But what if I didn't want to pretend it didn't happen" Ben mumbled.

~~~

AshJames via stories Not sure how I ended up here

Not sure how I ended up here.. freezing cold might I add

"Ashyyy" Mason sang as he ran over, picking up his water bottle, laughing at the girl who was head to toe in Chelsea gear, trying to stay warm. "You okay?" Mason quizzed, as he took a sip of his water, and then spat some out on to the floor, as Ashley smiled to herself knowing that there was several fan girls who would of loved to of seen the sight in front of her.

"Are you still okay to drop me back?" Ashley whispered, as she looked at her phone that was buzzing on the seat, which she was trying her hardest to ignore, until Ben walked over picking her phone up, scanning it as Ashley tried her hardest to get it back from him, but as his face dropped she knew he had read the messages she was receiving.

"Well, Ben here has offered to take you back if that's okay, it's only because he lives a little closer than me, as long as you're fine with that?" Mason whispered, as Ashley nodded her head, looking at Ben who was giving her a quizzical look, as well as a sympathetic smile. "I'm sure you'll keep him entertained with your vocals, he can finally hear you sing live" Mason smirked, as Ashley nodded her head, following the number 21 out of the gates after saying goodbye to her best friend, not really sure on when she would see him, or if she would see him before his holiday at the end of the week.

"So, are we going to talk about how he treats you like shit?" Ben muttered, as he slipped on his seatbelt. "There's nothing to talk about Ben" Ashley mumbled, as Ben sighed to himself, slipping a hand through his hair as he started the car. "Well, we have about a twenty minute journey, once you've given me your address, so there's plenty of time to talk" Ben smiled, as Ashley smirked at him. "Is that how you ask girls for their numbers too?" Ashley smirked, as Ben shook his head. "My usual line would be 'I've lost my phone can I use yours' and then i'll put my number in their phone and text myself" Ben smirked. "But I don't need to do that to you, I already have you saved in my phone from the group chat" Ben smiled. "Oh, so what am I saved as?" Ashley smiled, as Ben shook his head. "You'll find out one day, I'm sure, but for now, lets talk about how you're not happy, and you're trapped somewhere you obviously don't want to be" Ben whispered.

Ashley sighed to herself, shaking her head. "I don't think I can talk about it Ben" Ashley whispered. "I think, if I start talking I might never stop" Ashley muttered, as she felt the tears prick at her eyes. "Then, let's take a detour, we can go and grab a coffee, we can stall going back, I mean I'm half debating taking you back at this point" Ben muttered. "No person should ever be allowed to talk to someone like that" Ben muttered. "I'm not happy, but I feel like I'm in too deep now, I feel like I can't just cancel everything weeks before the wedding" Ashley whispered, as Ben took a turn to sigh to himself. "So you'll go through a marriage that you aren't happy in, or a relationship that you aren't happy in for what?" Ben whispered, as he stopped the car in a Costa carpark, turning to face Ashley.

"I've known you a couple of days, but I feel like I've known your for a while" Ben muttered, as he leant on his arm to look at Ashley. "And, despite the fact you don't want to open up, despite the fact that we've kissed a couple of times, you can't deny the feeling of what was felt during that kiss" Ben whispered, as his hand played with the ends of Ashley's hair, looking into her brown eyes. "Ben, we can't do this i'm getting married, you're focusing on your football, you don't need your name being slammed through the papers for an affair being exposed" Ashley whispered, as Ben shook his head.

"It's not an affair if you're single, i'm single, there would be no problem" Ben smiled, as Ashley shook her head.

"Benji, I'm getting married next month" Ashley whispered, as she got out of the car, walking into the Costa, Ben following her a couple of steps behind.

Ashley had admitted it, she wasn't happy, now all Ben needed to do was give her a reason to leave, before it was too late, before she was married.