One Hundred and Thirty Eight.

February 6th 2021

"You know that Alex is coming around for dinner right?" Ashley questioned, as she began to wash up the pans and pots from the night before, knowing that Ben was supposed to do it like he had promised he would, but Ashley couldn't bare to have another argument this morning.

"Yeah, and she's taking Oscar back with her for a few days" Ben smiled, as he leaned over Ashley from behind to grab his water bottle. "Oh, why? His not a problem" Ashley states, as she looked at Ben briefly.

During the lockdown he had let his hair grow slightly, and it was slicked back across his head, as well as the ever growing stubble which had now formed a beard across his face, not that Ashley would complain, it just made him the all more attractive to her.

"Oh I know, I just figured we might actually get some time alone" Ben smiled, but it was laced with the usual smirk on his face, as Ashley nodded her head. "Of course, I've decided to cook chilli chicken with rice, is that okay?" Ashley questioned, as Ben nodded his head. "I'll help you, it'll be fun" Ben smiled, as his hands wrapped around Ashley from behind, holding her closer to him as his lips brushed against her cheek softly. "Have I told you I love you lately?" Ben whispered, as Ashley dropped the bowl she has been washing in the sink.

"Did you just say you love me?" Ashley whispered, almost scared to say the words out loud. "Yeah, yeah I did" Ben smiled, as Ashley spun around to face him, as his hands stayed firmly on her hips. "I don't think you've ever actually said I love you" Ashley stated, as Ben smiled wide. "I think I've always known" Ben stated back.

"Before I say it, I need to ask something" Ashley stated, but the smile dropped from Ben's face, the grip on her waist become less tight, and the room all of a sudden felt hot, and the tension was growing in the air.

"Do you still like Johanna?" Ashley breathed, as Ben tried his hardest not to laugh loud, but as his eyes fell back on Ashley's face he knew she wasn't joking.

"Where's this coming from?" Ben questioned, as Ashley looked at the floor, biting her lip in the process, as Ben used his fingers to lift Ashley's chin up so that he could look into her eyes.

"It's just you stopped commenting on my photos, we argue all the time, and then I saw you comment on her photos" Ashley stated, as Ben's eyes softened.

"We argue because we care about each other, a couple of arguments doesn't mean I don't want to be with you anymore" Ben stated, as Ashley continued to bite her lip, an anxious habit she had. "And as for commented on Johanna's post, I didn't mean anything by it, she does it on mine too" Ben finished, but Ashley still felt her heart drop.

"Ash, honestly, if I didn't want to be with you I wouldn't of asked you to move in with me" Ben stated, as Ashley nodded her head. "Maybe I just need some fresh air, maybe being on house arrest by Boris has sent me mad" Ashley chuckled, trying to make herself feel better, but she knew deep down she still had the doubts.

"How about you go see the girls, and then when you come back you can get ready? I'll cook" Ben smiled, as he pressed his lips to Ashley's forehead, Ashley sighing in content as to how she could of ever doubted him to begin with.

Maybe she had just got into her head after all.

~~~~~

Ashley had decided that she just wanted to walk around the overly large park and wooded area in the end, deciding that maybe walking to some music would help her get out of head a little better than seeing her friends.

But it wasn't too long before she walked back to Bens house seeing Alex'a car on the drive, Ashley going into panic mode that she was drastically late.

"Please tell me you've called it off!" Alex exclaimed, as Ashley slipped through the front door, hoping to be able to make it up the stairs before she was seen, but as she looked at the time on her phone she realised she wasn't running late at all, and in fact Alex was just earlier than she had stated originally.

"I haven't done anything, I just need some time" Ben stated, as Ashley watched from the front door as he ran a hand through his hair.
"You can't lead two girls on, it's not fair on either of them!" Alex stated, as she threw her hands in the air, and Ashley felt the weight of the world fall onto her shoulders.

"Johanna is still my best friend, whether you like that or not and I will not stand here and let you break her heart as well as Ashley's, it isn't right and it isn't fair at all Benjamin" Alex scolded, as Ashley watched her reach for the wine glass that was already half empty.

"I know, I just don't know what to do, I love Ashley I do" Ben stated, as Ashley felt her heart slowly break in her chest, she knew this all too well, she knew there would be a but to follow.

"But what Ben? Two girlfriends working well for you!" Alex shouted, as she slammed the glass back on the side, Ashley wincing slightly, expecting the smash of the glass that never come, but the gasp that left her lips was enough to startle the two adults in the other room.

"Ash, you home?" Ben called, but all he was met with was the slam of the door as Ashley walked out of the door. "Now look what you've done" Ben muttered, as he threw his hands through his hair, jogging to the door in time to see Ashley drive off from the driveway.
"No Ben, you did this yourself" Alex muttered, as she took a final sip from the wine glass.