Fifty Eight.

November 22nd 2020

Ashley walked into Amber and Jacks house as Mason pulled the suitcase behind her, shaking his head at how quiet his friend had gotten recently.

"Are you okay?" Mason whispered, as he met Ashley in the kitchen with Jack, who was filling up his water bottle watching Ben in the garden do some kick ups.
"I'm fine" Ashley smiled, as Mason shook his head. "You forget that I've known you for a whole lot longer than this lot" Mason mumbled. "I know when you're lying" Mason smirked, as Ashley rolled her eyes at him. "And how do you know that Mr Mount?" Ashley smirked, as Mason smiled wide. "You usually play with your hair, but you also look to the left, then look down" Mason smiled, as Ashley run a hand through her hair. "Do not" Ashley mumbled. "Do too" Mason smirked.

But as Ashley stood in the kitchen for a brief moment, watching as Jack and Mason joined Ben in the garden, she couldn't help but realise that these people knew her better than she knew herself.

"Cmon then, what's he done this time?" Amber questioned, as she leant against the kitchen side, as Mia laughed jumping up and sitting on the kitchen side, earning a raised eyebrow from Amber. "Nothing" Ashley whispered, as Amber shook her head.

"We can help you get out of this okay?" Amber whispered, as she placed a hand on Ashley's shoulder in a comforting way, as Ashley shook her head. "We've been through this" Ashley mumbled. "We can't just end it" Ashley mumbled again.

"When there's a will there's a way" Mia smiled. "That's the saying isn't it?" Mia continued, as Ashley shook her head smiling. "What would I ever do without you two?" Ashley whispered, as Amber and Mia smiled to themselves. "You'd be the sane one" Amber joked, as Mia and Amber embraced their smaller friend in a hug, the three of them just standing their hugging.

"Who died?" Declan mumbled, before he ran out into the garden to join the others, leaving the holy trinity laughing, shaking their heads.

~~~~

"This is only going to end in one way" Ben mumbled, as he watched as Jack poured another bottle of vodka into the large white tub that he had found, Jack had stated that the drinking game would be a whole lot more fun if they drank out of a large bucket instead of smaller glasses.

"Jacky knows the game" Mason smirked, as he took a sip from the large bucket box, pulling a face as soon as the alcohol touched his mouth. "Oh god, we're gonna die" Mason mumbled, as Mia dipped her empty glass in the box, pulling the liquid into it before she took a large sip, swallowing it and smiling at Mason. "You're just a bit fussy babe" Mia laughed as Mason leant back in the seat he was sitting in, crossing his arms with a pout on his face.

"I'll go and get some more lemonade" Ashley smiled, as she got up from the sofa, the blankets that were wrapped around her falling to the ground as she walked to the kitchen, fussing Skye on her way as Skye went and sat down near Amber, Ambers hand fussing the top of her head smiling down at her fur baby.

"Need some help?" Ben whispered, as one of his hands brushed Ashley's hip from behind her, as Ashley turned her head briefly her face being inches away from Bens.

"You never answered my text, thought I'd made you run away" Ben smiled softly, as Ashley shook her head, as she placed a hand around the lemonade bottle, but as Bens hand gripped a little tighter on her waist, she knew they were going to have a conversation instead of going with the lemonade into the lounge where all their friends sat, arguing about which High School Musical film they were watching first.

"I didn't know how to reply" Ashley whispered. "I don't want to lead you on to something that can't happen" Ashley whispered, as Ben looked down from her eyes to her lips, before his tongue slide across his lips to dampen them briefly. "A simple okay would of been fine" Ben whispered, as Ashley shook her head.

"Ben we can't do this" Ashley whispered. "Even if I wanted to" Ashley finished, as she looked to the ground, before Ben pulled her chin up using his fingers, as they moved from her chin through her hair, playing with the ends of her hair softly.

"Do you want to?" Ben whispered, as Ashley looked up into his blue eyes, and for a moment, even if it was just a moment she forgot that she was in Amber and Jacks house, she forgot that all of her friends were in the other room, still talking about what film they were going to watch. All that mattered in that moment was her and Ben, she didn't care what happened, she didn't care how hurt she got, what people said about her, she knew from looking into his eyes that she wanted this feeling, the feeling he gave her every time he walked into a room, every time he gave her a small smile, every time he looked at her, she wanted the feeling that come with it.

"Ben, it doesn't matter what I want right now" Ashley whispered, as Ben shook his head, his hand still playing in her hair, before her used the hand holding her hip to pull her into him, holding her close as his hands found her waist, holding her in place, as her hands rested on his chest, feeling his heartbeat underneath his top.

"All I care about is you, I don't care if there's a contract that binds you to him, I want you to be happy, and if that's with me then it's a bonus isn't it" Ben smirked, as he rested his head on top of Ashley's head, just holding her close.

"And for fourteen days, we're about to spend everyday together, and at the end of the fourteen days, you still owe me a day" Ben whispered, as Ashley looked up from his chest, looking into her eyes. "I'd go anywhere with you Benji" Ashley whispered, as Ben smiled, placing his lips to the top of her head. "I'd go anywhere with you too Ashy" Ben smiled.