One Hundred and Fourty.

February 9th 2021

"You can't spend forever cooped up in here" Mason stated, as he pulled the curtains open and the sun flowed into the room. "I want to stay in bed" Ashley huffed, as she dug her head deeper into the pillow and Mason perched on the end of the bed.

"I remember you first heart break" Mason chuckled, as Ashley rolled her eyes. "I remember yours too" Ashley stated, as she moved her head out of the pillow and faced upwards, imaging shapes on the ceiling.

"I didn't think in a million years Ben would do that Ashy" Mason stated, it was almost like he was trying to wrap his own head around the situation, the situation that Ashley had chose to run from instead of confront head on.

"What's done is done" Ashley stated, her voice calm, but her tone of voice showing some indication that she was hurt, she honestly felt happiest with Ben, but now she didn't know what to feel.

"So, I was thinking maybe we can go for a walk in the park, get some ice cream? that always used to work" Mason smiled, as Ashley shook her head. "Ice cream and a walk sound good, but I think I know of something better" Ashley smiled, as she sat up in bed and looked at her long time best friend.

"We're gonna be okay aren't we?" Mason questioned, as Ashley nodded her head. "This is between me and Ben, not the Chelsea team, me and Ben" Ashley smiled. She knew Mason would feel like he was part responsible, but the truth was Ben was the only one in charge of his actions.

"So what are you planning on doing with this fine day?" Mason smiled, as Ashley smiled back at him. "I think there's a recording booth with my name on" Ashley smiled, as Mason nodded his head. "Fancy a lift?" Mason smiled, as Ashley nodded her head. "Let me get dressed and then we can go" Ashley chimed, as Mason laughed. "I'll never understand girls emotions" Mason chuckled, as he left the room, leaving Ashley to get ready.

Mason and Mia sat downstairs in the lounge, Mia tapping away on her laptop as she prepared for meetings for the rest of the day, as Mason traced his fingers up and down her arm.

"Is she okay?" Mia finally spoke, as she placed her laptop down on the table, and Mason nodded his head. "She'll be fine" Mason smiled. "Ben on the other hand? With England call ups a week away, I don't think it's going to settle down great" Mason mumbled, as Mia nodded her head.

"Have you spoken to him?" Mia questioned, as Mason shook his head. "I don't know what to say, I feel like I'm torn between two of my best friends" Mason huffed, as he sat back on the sofa and crossed his arms, Mia taking a turn to trace shapes up and down his arm.

"That's normal though, and deep down I think none of us prepared for this happening, they were just so perfect" Mia stated. "I want to be mad, I want to honestly rip his head off" Mason stated. "But I also know that there's got to be more to this than Ash knows" Mason stated, as Mia nodded her head. "And I'll get to the bottom of it" Mason continued. "Even if it does mean an awkward staycation at St George's" Mason mumbled.

~~~~

"Run it again" Ashley smiled, as the music filled her ears through the headphones, as well as Leah's voice, as Ashley tapped her foot on the ground and began to lay harmonies down over the track.

"I'm so excited for this album" Leah smiled, as she watched cradling her bump as Ashley sang over and over again, determined to get the run she wanted laid down. "I'm just glad we're all back together" Skye smiled, as she scribbled down the different songs they had wanted on the album.

"Guys Pedros just taking a break for the toilet, is it okay if I show you something?" Ashley smiled, as Leah and Skye both nodded their heads quickly, Ashley laughing at the thought of their heads falling from their shoulders.

I'll be good all by myself, I'll find a way to dance without you, in the middle of the crowd, i'll forget all of the pain inside, oh-oh

"Wait, add some drums to that" Leah smiled, as Skye stood up and began to bang on the electric drum in front of her, watching as Ashley sang some more of the lyrics she had written on her phone.

So tonight, I'll sing another, another break up song, so turn it up, let it play on, and on, and on, and on, for all of the times they screwed us over, let it play on, and on, and on, just another break up song

"This is great" Pedro grinned as he walked back into the studio. "Is this something you guys have been working on?" Pedro smiled as the girls looked between themselves. "I guess so yeah" Leah smiled. "We deffo want it on the album" Skye smiled, as Ashley nodded her head smiling.

But, as lockdown lifted, and the restrictions become less but still around, Ben walked into Cobham, the usual grin that was plastered on his face was no where to be seen, as he met with Reece in the hallway by the changing room.

"You look rough bro" Reeve chuckled, as he fist pumped Ben, who just shrugged his shoulders. "I think I'm single" Ben mumbled, as Reece looked at him with wide eyes. "That's why Mounts been asking about where you are then" Reece stated, as he opened the changing room door and the buzz from the inside was heard throughout the hallway.

"Most likely" Ben stated, as he walked in, the changing room greeting him, as 'blue is the colour' sounded through a players phone.

"I think we need to talk bro" Mason stated. "Get changed and I'll see you on the field" Mason mumbled, as he pushed past Ben slightly, allowing his team mate to see his frustration.