Kelli

I wasn't sure why, but i was crying by the time i got home. He's just a stupid patient, Kelli. Stop letting him affect you! I told myself.
I laid in my bed, not bothering to change into something more comfortable, and eventually fell asleep. I was so emotionally drained, it wasn't funny.

I woke up in the morning, feeling a little better. Thank goodness.
I took a shower, finally, and got ready. Dressing in a pair of black leggings and a long, green shirt. Wasn't my most professional outfit, but it was ok.

When i got to work, it was a little after 10. Gerard would be in the Rec Room right about now. I wanted to go there. To talk to him. Try to fix what happened yesterday, but I couldn't. I had to keep my contact with him at a minimum. I couldn't get attached. Not again. The scar on my stomach reminds me every day why I shouldn't get attached to my patients.

<>•<>•Flashback •<>•<>•<>•

I sat across from my first patient. Im still in college, so he's just a experiment type thing to see if im cut out to be a psychiatrist.

His name is Ronnie Radke and he was supposedly crazy. He had dark hair, and beautiful features. It felt wrong to actually think this man was crazy. But he was. Supposedly.
This was my 2nd month of being his therapist. Ive spoken to him every day for two months, so I guess ive started to see him more as a actual relationship than a therapist and their patient.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

He smiled. His smile was kinda sinister, but that was just how he smiled. I think. "Better now that you're here, Love."

I felt myself blush at the nickname. I loved him. Honest. No one knew. And i hated to admit it myself, but i did.

"Kelli," he continued."i need help.."

"With what?" I asked, adjusting myself in my chair.

"I need to get out of here.." he said, reaching over and taking my hand. I felt myself melt into his contact. "I love you, Kelli. And i need to get out of here.." he said.

I smiled at him. "I love you too, Ronnie!" I said.then my smile faded. Did he just say he wanted my help so he can escape?? "I cant let you leave, though."

He frowned and let go of my hand. "And why not?!" He yelled.

"I-ill loose my scholarship and be kicked from college." I replied.

"You never should have let your guard down." He mumbled. "Guess ill have to escape myself." He said, pulling something from his pants. He stood and started approaching me.

"Ronnie!! Where did you get the knife?"  I asked, standing and backing away from him. My back hit a wall.

"I'll find you, Kelli." He said as he pushed the knife into my stomach. "You'll live." He said. I tasted blood as i felt him grab my keys and make a bee line for the door.
I saw him slip out the door as my vision faded.

He got away while i laid bleeding on the floor.

End of flashback•<>•

To this day, Ronnie is still missing somewhere. And that terrifies me. He said he'd find me, and he was a lot of things...but a liar wasn't one of them. Well, when he was promising something, anyhow.

I tried to brush off the memory as i went to my small office. It wasn't much, but, now it was we're i stayed most of the time i was here, due to me now having only one patient. I tried to make it as comfortable as possible.

My desk was just a small, wooden one with a laptop on top. And to the left of that was a file cabinet. I had a small potted plant on my desk, a small succulent. As well as a framed picture of me and my late sister. She passed due to cancer in her brain. But that was about 7 years ago. i was still a teen and she was 20 at the time.

I stayed in my office till 12, which was the time i was to visit Gerard. I Walked to our....well i guess i just call it our room now. I went in, and he was already there, sitting in his seat.

When I walked in, he turned to face me as i walked to my seat, and sitting down.
No one talked for a minute, and the only sound in the air was our breathing. We just stared at each other.

"Im sorry." He finally spoke up, guilt in his eyes. They were beautiful eyes, honestly. Always seeming to change colors depending on where the light hits.

I didn't reply. I just stared at him.

He sighed. "You dont have to forgive me. Its ok. Its just, i don't belong here.  I didn't kill my best friend. I mean, did i want to at one point? Absolutely. But im not a killer, Kelli. I may seem all dark and brooding, but im no killer."

"I-"

"No. Please, let me finish." He interrupted. Then he saw the look in my eyes and added another quick sorry for interrupting. Then he continued; "that night is choppy. I don't remember much, just bits and pieces. I'll admit it, i was drunk and High. But i know enough to know I didn't kill Frank.
I keep having a nightmare where i did kill him. But i know I didn't. I couldn't have. And the pieces i do remember, prove it. But no one would listen to me. All i ask now is that you believe me. If you believe me, maybe, just maybe, i can actually keep sane in here."

"Can i talk now?" I asked him.

He blushed slightly. "Yeah. Sorry"

I smirked. Damn it. I hate that ive forgiven him so easily. "Well, honestly, Gerard....i do. I believe you. You may be....well lets just say different......but i dont think you're crazy, nor a killer." I said.

He smiled. "Really?! You believe me?!"

I nodded. "Yes. And i want to help you get out and help you find the actual killer, but im not sure how. And given my track record..."

He frowned slightly. "What track record?"

Oh SHITTT. I didn't mean to say that. He isn't supposed to know about ronnie. "I-its nothing." I said.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on, kelli. I know when you're lying. Tell me."

I sighed and then i told him. Everything. Everything about ronnie, about how he said he'd find me, and how i kinda have a tendency to fall for my patients.

He just looked at me, shock in his eyes. "W-wait...this guys, ronnie, stabbed you?!"

I sighed. I slowly lifted my shirt a bit to show him my scar, the big ugly blemish on my pale skin. "Yep"

Then Gerard's face became filled with anger. "Ill fucking kill him."

W-was he being protective of me?

I laughed lightly "Gerard , no one knows where he is. Leave it alone. And thank you for caring, by the way."

Gerard just sighed. Then his lips twitched into a smile. "Funny how my therapy sessions seem to focus more on your issues sometimes, huh?"

I scoffed playfully. "Yeah, right, Way! What was that about you being sorry and your nightmares, huh? It isn't just about me."

He rolled his eyes. "Mmhmm. Yeah, ok. It isn't like i had to comfort you while you cried yesterday, right?" 

I glared at him, but my face softened as i saw the small smile on his face. God, what has he done to me? "I actually am thankful for that." I said. "You did help."

His smile got bigger. "You like me" he said teasingly. "You fell for me just like with Ronnie." He teased.

I went wide eyed for a split second then quickly covered it up with a glare. "Shut up, Mr. Way." 

Then it was his turn to glare.

And then we both just started laughing at each other. M-maybe i did love him?
God, why do i have a thing for psych patients????!!!