Gerard

For some reason, lying to Kelli was harder than I thought it would be. Just for the fact that I didn't want our interactions to be a lie.

But, maybe we could actually do it. Maybe.

Its been a month now.  We've been continuing our doctor, Patient schedule for that long.
And our daily talks were the only thing keeping me alive at this point. I just had to get her to trust me completely, and then the plan can go on.

"Checkmate!"

I was snapped from my thoughts as little Oli somehow beat me at Chess. Me and him have become buddies. We play Checkers and Chess when we can and talk.

"What?" I asked, stunned at he finally beat me.

"You were too distracted, Man." Oli said, putting the pieces back to their correct positions. Then he looked up at me with a smirk. "Thinkin' about your hot doctor?"

I glared at him in reply.

"I knew it." He said. Then he started the next round of chess. "Maybe when you get out of here, you can ask her out."

"If i get out, Oliver. And she doesn't like me like that. Im just a patient." I replied, capturing one of his Pawns.

"Well—," he paused as he moved his knight. "— maybe she does. She just cant show it."

"Can we drop this, Oliver?" I asked, getting a little uncomfortable with the conversation. He might figure out my plan, and that wouldn't be good.

He rolled his eyes. He sure has gotten sarcastic now that he's comfortable around me. "Yeah, whatever. But just listen, you'll never know if ya dont try."

His words for some reason stuck with me. After rec room time was done, i still thought about it. I sat in my small room, trying to perfect my plan. And no, i wont tell you right now. You're gonna have to wait and see!

I thought about everything that could go wrong. All the way to 'well what is a alien invasion happened at the second i executed my plan?!'
And if I think about everything that could go wrong, ill be prepared for everything that comes my way.

It was now my time to go to my daily "kelli time", as i like to call it. I was taken to the room by two nurses, one being Pete and the other the small Orange haired girl, Hayley I believe her name is.

As we walked, Hayley looked at me. "Ya know, I understand Kellis infatuation with you." She said.

I shot her a confused look. "What do you mean?"

Hayley suddenly went a little wide eyed, like she didn't mean to actually say that. "Oh, nothing. Forgot what i said." She said, trying to cover it up.

"She's infatuated by me?"

Hayley glanced at Pete, then they started to speed up their pace a bit. "Im not speaking to you, Mr. Way." She said.

We walked the rest of the way in silence, my mind reeling from what the Orange haired girl said. Was Kelli really infatuated with me?

When we got to the therapy room, i was left alone. Kelli wasn't there yet.

I sat, thinking. Honestly, Kelli did look at me with a look in her eyes I couldn't place. But I doubt she is in love with me. And besides, Infatuated doesn't just mean "in love with".......it can also mean she is curious about my psyche.
Like a good Psychiatrist would do be with any of their patients. Yeah, thats it. Has to be.

Although, Hayleys words did make my heart speed up a bit. And made me blush. But that doesn't mean anything.....right?

The door finally opened and Kelli walked in. "Sorry, Gerard. I got held up by Hayley. She was still checking for the 15th time to see if i was still going to her party.." she explained as she walked to her seat across the table from me. She sat down and situated herself.

I chuckled a bit. "Well, you're her best friend. Makes sense she wants you there." I said.

Kelli looked at me, hope in her eyes. "Am i really her best friend?"

I loved the hope in her eyes. I would do anything to make sure nothing ever crushed that look. "Of course. She talks about you all the time.

She smiled. Man, her smile was beautiful. Her teeth wasn't perfectly straight or anything, but to me, it was the most beautiful smile ive ever seen. It could light up the dark side of the moon.
"Well, I guess we should move on to you...." she said, making her face serious again.

"Whatcha got for me, Doc?" I asked, doing my best bugs bunny impersonation.

She shook her head at me, but I could see the amusement in her eyes. "How are you feeling?"

I went back to my normal voice. "Good as ill ever be in here."

She nodded understandingly. "I know. And i know you dont belong in here. You're perfectly sane....well mostly." She said. At the last part, her lips twitched upwards a bit. Oh, she loves messing with me. Then she got real serious. She looked me in the eyes. "Do you remember anything from that night other than what you've already told me?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Nope. Its like every time i try to think back, my mind is just static. Like a tv thats on the wrong channel."

She sighed as she wrote something in her little notebook. Obviously about my update. "Well, that's normal, i guess."

"I should have paid more attention to those 'dont do drugs! Stay in school!' Posters in high school" i said, my lips curling into a smile.

She laughed as she shook her head. "I dont know what to do with you, Gerard." She said. "Sometimes i think i should get that straight jacket back, just so you'll shut up."

I shrugged. "I guess Im a jacket slut." i said, earning a small smile from Kelli.

I knew then, the plan i had to use her to get out was void. I loved her and I could never do that to her.

AN: Guys, please tell me if you like the story so far!

Also, I couldn't resist putting in Jacket Slut ;)

QOTD: Do any of yall like Star Wars? And if so, have you seen the book of boba fett yet?

AOTD: Ive seen episode one! I really like it so far!!