Blood - Aether

The feeling of anothers' back. Who is this person? How did they reach me? Where did they come from? Thousands of questions swarm my head, racing around causing a hurricane within me. Their balance faltered to the left of my back but they were being pushed further towards me. 

Another Hydro attack washes my away thoughts. I winced, trying to support the person behind me while keeping my guard up but, instantaneously the pressure was lifted. I almost fell backwards while a bright light entered my peripheral vision. The Mages ran away. Or so I thought.

"Who are you?" I heave, turning to face the person. 

They held their sword down at their side. Their long/short, (hair colour) hair dancing in the wind. It took me a moment to escape my gaze of awe to realise... The Mages and Hilichurls were surrounding them!

Paimon flew towards me and whispered in my ear, "we should run while they're distracted!"

"But-"

"I agree." They cut me off. What was wrong with this person? 

"I won't let you fight alone" I protest as I lean on my sword.

They went to face me, but the Mages used the opening to get a hit. I attempted to assist them as they did me, but they simply slashed the ice in two. 

"You will only get in the way!" They snap, "if you refuse to leave, then stay behind me. Don't do anything stupid that'll injure you further."

Is this their way of being nice? If it is they sure do need to work on it.

"So rude!" Paimon pouts, giving me a 'look who's in love' look, but the firey slash of their blade made her cower. How could I be in love with them if I just met them? And they were so rude! But there was no denying the fact that they were strong. Their firey attacks were the colour of Violetgrass and Glaze Lillies. Wiping the Mages, along with the Hilichuls, off the face of Teyvat, leaving nothing but ash. Something wasn't right with their attack, yet I cannot pinpoint what it is. Something was wrong. Multiple things were wrong actually.

"Paimon doesn't trust them." She whispers, hoping only I could hear her. "We should go."

"I can hear you." They snap before turning on their heel.

I could see them struggle as they tried to conceal their injury.

"Thank you for saving me." I manage, "you- you should come back to Mondstadt with us. Get-"

"Go back with you?" They said with confusion.

Their eyes wandered off for a moment. Beautiful, (eye colour) eyes. Focus Aether, they're injured! I told myself.

"You don't know me, Aether." They said breaking the silence, 'and I don't know much about you either.'

They knew my name. My thoughts were spinning. How did they know my name? Do I know them? The thousands of questions reformed the destructive hurricane from before. "You don't know me, aether... and I don't know much about you." I analyse their words.

"Who are you?" Paimon demands, "and how do you know the travellers' name? Answer Paimon!"

They turned and let out a soft giggle before regaining their serious expression. "I know Aethers name simply because you yelled it." They say avoiding the first question.

"And as for who you are?" I pushed, though I didn't expect them to answer.

"I am Y/N." They said coldly, "You should return to Mondstadt and let the sisters tend to your wounds."

They're right.  I sigh, They sure do know a lot even though this is our first time meeting. Right as she said that my head started to feel dizzy. I hadn't realised how much blood I'd lost. And only from a few minor cuts! They were right... But...

"Thank... you.." I manage, stumbling as I stand.

"Whats wrong!?" Paimon shrieks.

"I...."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: And with that Aether passes out. I must contain myself from posting another chapter today </3. But that will not stop me from continuing writing, you'll just have to wait ehe. Honestly, I hate myself for leaving both you and me at this cliffhanger. This story has absolutely no planning and I guess I'm just having fun with it. I hope you enjoyed and I'll try to post tomorrow!

take care again!