Part 45 - Y/N

"Uh- Da- Mo- Zhongli!" Xiao stuttered, "G-Good to see you. I'm doing fine thank you," He turned red and with panic-filled eyes, he looked away. You wondered, Was he going to call Zhongli... Dad? The thought made you laugh. "We- We should get going," Xiao grabbed your wrist gently and pulled you away. Aether unwillingly stood up to follow you, dragging Paimon along with him.

Through the confusion, you yelled, "I'll meet you in the morning to collect Child." Xiao pulled you further and further away from Zhongli, making you stumble for your next sentence. "So don't be too rough on him!" You ended up teasing them. Childe had a tendency to act like a spoilt brat around Zhongli after all, or at least, that's what Zhongli told you whilst praying. 

You stumbled over your feet as you watch Aether catching up, he was somewhat struggling. "Xiao wait up for fuck sake!" Aether heaved heavily as he bent over. Xiao waited for a moment. You watched as his eyes stared down Aether with hatred.

"Let's go," Xiao said sharply with a pause between each word. He turned and caught you off guard. You tripped as the pull of your wrist overcame your balance.

"Enough!" Aether yelled at Xiao as he caught you. Carefully, Aether propped you back up on your feet. He looked at you, lovingly, "You alright?" His voice was sweet and caring. You nodded slightly and butterflies grew in your stomach. But that feeling left quick. The caring eyes that had looked at you, quickly turned to anger as Aether looked down at Xiao. A dark glow of anger shrouded him. "Don't ever treat Y/N that rough," He warned. "You could've hurt them, you dipshit."

(A/N: dipshit has become my favourite word so it may show up more frequently. It's also my partners nickname! ik I'm so nice.)

Xiao scoffed, but it was less assured than usual. Was he... Ashamed? His eyes darkened and he turned away, "Let's find somewhere to stay."

Aether didn't buy it. "Don't try to change the subject!" He grabbed Xiao by the collar, lifting him off the ground slightly before shoving him away. "Apologise," He snapped.

"Aether stop!" You ran in between them, "He didn't hurt me! Everything's alright, can we just find somewhere to stay for the night?" You turned your head so that Xiao was in sight. He was pissed. You felt your heart tear. It hurt like nothing before. Suddenly subconscious, you looked down and spoke quietly. "Come on," You walked away without looking back.

Upon arriving at the closest inn, you noticed only Aether had followed you. You were mad and hurt and your head was a mess. 

"Hello! How may I be of assistance?" One of the employees greeted you kindly. You purchased two rooms for the night and without a word to Aether, you dropped one of the metallic keys in his hand.

The room was small but cute. The bed was fit for two people and dressed in white sheets with a lovely red patterned doona. There was a small wooden table and wardrobe decorated with small plants and statues. There was a window looking out into Liyue Harbour, which was now dimly lit and quiet.

You sat on the end of the bed and crawled further up to the pillow. Xiao still hadn't shown up yet which worried you. muttered a word. With a sigh, you sat up and opened the window. 

He crept through the window and sat on the inside wooden edge below the frame, staring lifelessly at the lights. The cool wind sent a small shiver through his body and he closed the window.

"Xiao?" You called for his attention.

No response.

"Xiao," You pestered further.

Too tired to bother him further, you sighed and rolled over after he ignored you, closing your eyes.

"I'm sorry," his voice cracked. The night was quiet.

***

"Do we have to leave right now?" Childe complained, "There's plenty of light left." Childe yawned and hobbled towards you. His hair was still messy and you started to wonder if his limp was just how he walked.

"Paimon agrees. Oo, oo! let's have a second breakfast!" Paimon exclaimed.

You shook your head, "I think the upcoming war is more important than having a second breakfast," You spoke with irritation. "It'll take all day to get to Sumeru and that's without any breaks or delays," You hurried them on.

The walk was reasonably quiet. Paimon and Aether occasionally spoke, Childe dragged his feet and Xiao kept 'scouting ahead' to keep the coast clear. You scoffed, He's probably just avoiding Aether. He did that a lot after all. 

"Y/nnnnnn!" Childe moaned, "We've been walking all day, can't we take a short break?" You nodded - hesitantly - and handed everyone a sandwich you'd made earlier, Paimon got two. "I didn't know you were such a good cook," Childe complimented you with an innocent smile. 

"Yeah, It's really good!" Aether smiled deviously, "You'd make a good wife. It's a shame Xiao eats nothing but Tofu." He looked around proudly waiting for Xiao to suddenly appear and argue with him. That was most likely the main point of his cocky statement. 

But Xiao didn't show up.

"Where the fuck is he?!" Aether's smile faded into concern.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm back! This chapter is shorter than normal but I felt as if I was just dragging along so yeah. I'll probably post one to two more chapters (when I get motivation) and then wait for the 3.0 update so I don't just make up a Sumeru and then get a completely different idea from the actual place (if that makes sense). Anyways, where do you guys think this is going? I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Also, do you want Y/N to meet Trucer??

As always tysm for the support! I mean- 16+K???? tf how?? I love you all and take care! <3