Naruto Style Filler - Y/N

A/N: The title is a joke for my fellow Naruto fans but basically this is just a special part that isn't part of the main story. It's also back in Liyue so sorry if that's confusing but I need time to decide on what I'm going to do with the plot. Bare with me <3.

I wonder where Xiao and Aether are...  You found it strange that there was no sign of them. Usually at least one of the bothers you daily.

"I guess I have the day to myself then," You said aloud. "What should I do though..?" Dumbfound, you realised you had no clue whatsoever what you wanted to do... Deciding on a walk, you left your room in Wungshu Inn, letting the world take you where you were needed. 

Apparently, helping those around wasn't as rewarding as Aether claimed it was. An old man at the bottom of the Inn needed help lifting some heavy boxes to the top; a young child couldn't catch his dog, and a rookie adventurer needed saving from a Ruin Guard. And the Ruin Gard was the only thing close to entertaining, you sighed. As for rewards, a few hundred mora - that wasn't helpful since you could make mora but the man insisted you took it; a hundred thank you's from the boy and his family and the so-called 'treasure' the Ruin Guard was guarding. 

You'd scoped all of Qiongji Estuary and that seemed to be all. Strangest of all, Xiao- No, everyone you knew was nowhere to be seen. Surely something's amiss, You thought but hoped the opposite. Maybe I should head to Liyue Harbour, just to check on things.

***

To say things were quite, well, quieter than normal wouldn't be entirely wrong. The streets were still covered in people, but... Not as many people.

"Y/N!" A familiar voice yelled from across the street. "Y/N! Co- quick," Aether's voice was somewhat muffled by the noise. "We need you!"

We need you.. That came through clear as day. Snapping out of a short daze you dashed to Aether's side. "What happened?" You bombarded one question after another before Aether could even answer the first, "Is something wrong?! What do you need?" 

"Follow me," Aether said calmly as he grabbed your wrist and lead you to a building. 

Your heart felt like it was going to explode, and the unanswered questions didn't help. Something was definitely wrong... but what? 

"In here," Aether stopped in front of a building.

"Liuli.. Pavillion..?" You questioned and hesitated to go inside.

"Come on," Aether pulled you in behind him...

"SURPRIZE!!" 

"Happy birthday Y/N!" Hu Tao yelled from the other side of the restaurant.

You stood. Blankly. Counting all the people who were there: Hu Tao, Aether, Zhongli, Ningguang - that's a surprise there - Xiangling, Childe, Kazuha and..

"Y/N.?" Aether shook your shoulders but you couldn't help laughing when you noticed Xiao crawled into a corner. 

"I- Uh... Sorry, thank you all," You forced a smile while pushing away all the thoughts that you thought could be the problem. But then you started to wonder, who even knew my birthday? Even you'd forgotten that today was it... Rex Lapis, aka Zhongli.

The whole restaurant had been rented out - which would've cost an archon since it was incredibly expensive to even get a single booking for 4. There was plenty of food, songs, cake, and alcohol (Venti would've been jealous if not furious).

"No one really knew what to get you as a gift, so we all put in some money for this." Aether explained then fakes a cough and muttered, "Except for Zhongli who had the idea in the first place." He finished faking a cough again causing the room to laugh. 

You'd sat down next to Xiao, however he started getting a little more drunk than everyone else. Is he a lightweight or just new to drinking? You giggled to yourself.

Xiao muttered something no one could make out. 

"What was that?" You asked and the room got significantly quieter.

"If you a.. Awake to a knife.. at your throat," Xiao stumbled over his words but there was a certain rhythm... In his speech. "If monsters di.. dog their slaws int.. to you," He continued taking another sip of his wine. "Call you my name," He started getting louder as the alcohol gave him confidence. What is this, You wondered trying not to laugh. "Adeptus Xiao... I will be here! When you call!"

Everyone died of laughter, you couldn't keep it in either.

"I'm gonna take Xiao to get some fresh air," You said trying not to laugh halfway through the sentence.

***

"You alright?" You asked as Xiao hunched over the railing.

"I'll be fine.." Xiao sighed and hide his face. "That was so embarrassing," He mumbled.

"I think it was cute," You stroked his hair gently. "You know you didn't have to drink if you didn't want to though... Right?"

"Yeah, but-" He stopped, "It's nothing."

Grabbing him by the waist you pulled him off the railing and into your arms, "Thanks for coming." You continued, "I know social events aren't exactly.. Your thing."

"I- uh..." Xiao stuttered, "I got you something. Yknow, for your birthday."

"Hm?" You said expectantly. 

He handed you a small handmade butterfly made of leaves, "Take it. It- It's an adepti amulet- it staves off evil." 

You looked up from the butterfly in your hands to see Xiao's red face avoiding eye contact. You laughed, giving him another hug. 

"Thank you, Xiao."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I was able to write this cuz I've been planning it since like- a comment from when this was new. Anyways, I am working on the next part (kinda). But I do try to check notifications more than I bother to write so if u keep telling me you're waiting for the chapters I will write more lmaoo.

I love you all sm and tysm for the support. As always,

Take care <3