Part 28 - Y/N

"Would you..." Xiao took a deep breath, What's going on? "Would you like to be my lover?"

Your eyes widen and you feel your heartbeat out of your chest. Heat rushes to your face and you struggle to maintain eye contact.

"I..." You covered your face with your hand and mumbled, "I would."

Xiao gently placed his hands over yours and removed them from your face. He pulled you into a hug, letting his warmth spread throughout your body. 

"I love you," Xiao spoke in your ear.

You pull Xiao by his chin and pull him in for a kiss. Xiao flinched a little and you pulled away, I can't forget he's not used to this...  Xiao clawed at the back of your head and pulled you back into a kiss by your hair. He hesitated and focused on your eyes before kissing you again.

"More," Xiao moaned.

You pulled him towards you by his shirt for a long, passionate kiss before leaving a short kiss under his ear. Xiao quivered. 

"Too much?" You mock, "I thought you wanted more."

"N-No..." Xiao stuttered, clearly lying.

You summoned two lanterns - one in each hand - and handed one to Xiao. You created a flame starting from your fingertip and lit the lanterns. I wish for Xiao, You release the lantern, even though you knew wishing on a lantern wouldn't automatically make Xiao's life better, It's worth a shot. 

"I don't think I'd be here if it weren't for you," Xiao admitted. "You changed me."

You giggle, "I changed you? The mighty Yaksha?" You mock, "More like the mighty tsundere."

"U- Y/N!" Xiao turned bright red, "Can you stop teasing me like that?"

"What? You don't like it?" You insist.

"I..."

"Fine, I'll stop," You tease.

Xiao turned brighter than the lanterns in the sky. "I like it," He mumbled, keeping his voice down in embarrassment.

You smile triumphally, "Knew it."

He kissed you on the lips, stopping you from laughing at him. "I hate you," He fibbed.

"Mhm?" You grab the back of his head and force him back into a kiss.

A firework abruptly flew into the sky and exploded, lighting up Xiao's eyes. His amber eyes turned golden in the light and it memorised you, stealing all your attention.

"It seems the firework display has begun," Xiao picked up and gently kissed the back of your hand.

You lean on Xiao's shoulder and caress his hair while watching the sky light up. Gazing in awe up at the sky, you watch the colours light up the sky one colour at a time. One after another, fireworks flew into the sky. Bursts of blue, purple, red, green and yellow fireworks spread their wings before disappearing among the stars.

Xiao sighed, "Although the fireworks are stunning, they disappear so quickly... It's a shame."

"I disagree," You smile. "The one thing I've learnt is that... Nothing is permanent. I like to enjoy moments like these. The beauty of fireworks... My favourite moments are short but, the people I spend them with is what matters to me."

"I see," Xiao bit his bottom lip. "But I still wish time would stop," He whispered into your ear. "I want to be here - with you - for eternity." You watch the final light of fireworks disappear and suddenly Xiao grabs your wrist, "Will I ever... See you again?"

You kissed his forehead lightly, "Of course."

"When," Xiao demanded despite his body trembling.

"I don't know..." You looked down at your lap, I don't want to leave.

"Y/N I..." He let go of your wrist, "I want to be with you... Always. Please..."

You place your finger on his lips and sigh, "I wish I could take you with me but..."

"Your Majesty," Cloud Retainer suddenly appeared behind you. "Sorry to interrupt but..."

"F*ck off," You snap. "I already know."

Xiao pushed you off him and distanced himself from you. He was bright red and trying to avoid the bird's glare.

"Xiao," Cloud Retainer's voice was filled with disgust. "Are you that ashamed of being in love?"

Xiao disappears leaving a trace of a few green Anemo flakes. "Are you that ashamed of being in love?" You repeated Xiao's movements in your head, Is he ashamed of being with me?

"Mistress/Master?" Cloud Retainer pushed, "You must get going."

You walk past the bird without even looking at them. You stop in your tracks just as you pass them, "Go apologies to Xiao, that's an order."

Cloud Retainer sighed and lifted their wings, "As you wish."

I'm sorry, Xiao. You take a deep breath and summon your wings.

***

The sound of tortured souls filled the air with warmth as you walked towards the centre of hell.

"Y/N, miss/sir." King Yan (Chinese god of death) bowed with the utmost respect, "I'm so sorry to trouble you with this."

You sighed, "It's fine." Although you spoke clearly, your attention was focused on other matters.

The God of Death leads you towards one of the many fields of punishment, specifically to where Osial was supposed to rest. Well great, you complained. You flew onto the platform where the old Vortex overlord's soul was bound to.

You summoned a dagger and dug it into your palm. You carefully drew their name in your blood before stating your commands, "Osial! Get your *ss back here!"

The water being appeared over your blood and bowed, "I'm sorry. That damn human summoned me again."

You turned on your heel and flew out of the fire pit.

"Thank you," King Yan bowed once more before you departed to the overworld.

***

"Xiao?" You opened the door to the inn.

You scan the room for any traces of your lover but, he was nowhere to be seen. All of his stuff was gone and his sent was only faintly there.

Anxiety crept into your throat, "Xiao?!" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I hate myself. But I love you all for the support tysm! Should I turn on the mature setting? I could stop holding back, ehe.

Take care!