Trust - Y/N

"Thank... you.." Aether manages but stumbles as he attempts to stand.

"What's wrong!?" Paimon shrieks.

"I..."

Aether passes out cold. You instinctively catch him, stopping him from getting a mouth full of dirt and grass.

"What did you do?!" Paimon demanded.

"Nothing." You answer honestly, "Since you're both no longer in danger, I will be taking my leave now. Goodbye"

Though it was wrong to leave him, you were also injured... Severely. And that weakness was not something you tend to show.

"So your gonna leave him here?! With no protection?!" Paimon demanded.

"He has you to protect him." You tense, knowing you were doing exactly as the other gods would. The gods would hate for being so cold towards mortals. You sigh giving in to your emotions. "Fine. I'll help you take him to Mondstadt."

"That's what Paimon thought!" Paimon huffed and floated away, leaving you to carry Aether. And she called me rude. Though it should be expected as I kept my identity a secret... As always. 

***

Upon reaching the gates of Mondstadt, the guards threw you dirty looks. You begin to wonder what they think of you. After all, you haven't visited the city in almost a millennia. "Who is this person carrying Aether?" One guard wondered. "I hope they weren't the ones responsible for Aethers injuries." Another thought. 

Another knight appeared to escort you to the cathedral, not that you needed it. Carrying Aether was no burden as he was light, especially compared to the weight of the Mitachurl from earlier. His heartbeat had finally steadied, causing a wave of calm to flow over you.

"Miss Barbara? Excuse my disturbance, you are needed." The knight says as he motions to lay Aether down.

"Hello!" She greets you cheerfully, making you smile before she turns to Aether, "Oh my! What happened?" She looks down at Aether and begins to treat his wounds.

You didn't want to answer any of the girl's questions and you had no intention of burdening her with your injuries - they would heal in due time - so you decide to quietly exit the cathedral. You closed the door quietly and let out a quiet sigh.

"Is something the matter miss/sir?" A voice gently asks, you see right through his act, "I don't like this strange person. They give off... a cold, untrustworthy gloom." As much as you hated to admit it... That was how you were acting and it wasn't like you.

"You don't need to worry about me." You confirm, "I just needed some air."

You choose to take a quick wander around the city before checking up on Aether once more. You'd planned to leave afterwards and spend some time to understand what you had become; cold. The City of Freedom was as beautiful as ever. Barbatos had done his duty to its finest. The wind reminded you of him, as it brushed through your hair, the first god to accept you without judging. 

You think a little more while you stroll back to the cathedral. Although you hadn't yet established a connection with the mortal; Aether was intriguing. The first human to accomplish something most gods couldn't comprehend. Your job - as the god of life - was to punish the siblings for attempting to break through dimensions. After all, it was supposed to be you greeting them at the gate and still, the being who did was unknown to you; along with his sister's whereabouts. Now that you think about it... What was his sister's name?