Denial - Xiao

"Let go of me," Y/N demands.

They wince in pain, causing me to remove my grip immediately. They rub their wrist and turn to go back. Rex Lapis, can this person get any more annoying! I ... A scream interrupts my thoughts. I turn to investigate to find Y/N had also followed the sound. How did they keep up with me? You didn't have time to ask, two Mitachurls and a group of Cryo Mages attacked a trader and his cart.

"Stay here," I say but Y/N had already stepped into the fight.

Summoning their sword they let out a giant blue flame, burning the ground between the Mitachurls and the trader. That was smart... But how did they use a Pyro attack... I snap out of my daze, focus Xiao! I rush to the trader and take him away from the fight.

"Stay here," I say again but this time to the trader. 

I rush back over to Y/N, I hope that idiot hasn't hurt themselves. The Mitachurls were no longer, but the 3 remaining Cyro Mages had them surrounded. sh*t. Using my elemental burst, I rush to them and block an ice shard with my chest.

"You're an idiot." I groan, that attack hurt more than I'd assumed.

"Says the guy who got themself hit!" 

All Cyro Mages prepared to attack, I have to get Y/N out of this. 

They grab my wrist and pull me into them, pulling me as close as they could. Wha... Heat rises to my face and a few thousand questions fill my mind. They summon their sword in their (non-dominant) hand and spin around in a circle; dragging me with them. I wall of blue flame surrounds us, Blue flames? 

"Sorry for pulling you so close." They start as they let me go, "I just didn't want to hurt you, y'know?"

'I..." How was I meant to respond? No one's ever... been that close to me. "Don't do it again," I reply coldly. 

The flames lower, but the Mages were gone... Did they run? Or die?.. How powerful are their flames? Questions cloud me once more but, I would never ask them.

"Pyro..." I go to ask a question, but they stood silently, looking at the sunrise.

"You're right... I don't wield a vision." They break the silence, "Thank you for helping me there though. I never knew how bad the karma in this dimension had become."

"Dimension..?" I ask, "Wait, how do you..."

They disappeared. Of course. And they left me to deal with the trader. I sigh, something is different about them... I want to... No! I will not involve myself with a mortal. Feelings are only burdens.

***

I reached the inn as the sun finally rose. The questions from before spun through my body; causing my eyes to follow. My Sight began to blur and the pain in my chest roared.

"Xiao! Are... ok?" A voice blurred in and out till there was nothing left.

***

"You're a monster!"

"You're nothing but a beast."

"They're all dead because of you!"

"Monster!"

"Everyone is dead."

"Heartless beast!"

"Xiao?"

"Xiao wake up!" A voice called... Their voice, "Are you ok?"

I open my eyes and there they were, Y/N looked at me... No, they studied me with their eyes. 

"Xiao I don't know what happened but you're alright." They spoke with concern but their words were comforting, "You're safe here."

"Where am I..?" I sit up and ignore the pain it caused me.

Why am I in a bed? Why is Y/N here with me? What happened?

"You're at Wungshu Inn." They reply and hand me a glass of water, "Aether found you passed out downstairs. He brought you up and I offered to look after you. After all, you did get injured to protect me."

"I see," I look down, Y/N was constantly looking into my eyes. It was like they were staring into my mind and I didn't like it. But then I notice the bandage on my chest...

"Where's my shirt?" I demand, my cheeks filling with heat.

"Getting washed." She laughed, "You don't have to worry. All I did was take care of your injuries."

That 'reassurance'... only made me blush harder. What are these feelings? Why do I care? I ask myself, but then the questions about them come back. A Pyro user without a vision, are they an Archon? 

Y/N offers me some Almond Tofu; knowing it was my favourite. 

"I can feed myse..."

"No." They interrupt, "You need to rest. Don't act like your not in pain because I know you are."

Y/N had a point... But being fed by a mortal? No thanks

"I should go." I go to stand but my chest begins to throb; every movement I made cause a spike of pain to spread throughout my body. 

Y/N sighed, "If you won't lay down willingly I will have to make you."

"Don't think you can threaten me." I warn, "A mortal with no vision stands no chance against me."

"Well, 1: you're injured, which gives me the upper hand. 2: I have your shirt," They giggle a little, "and 3: I'm not afraid to drug you. That is if you won't comply."

I look at them expecting a sign that it was a joke, but their eyes were dead serious.

"I will be your caretaker for 3 days." They continue, "After that, I recommend taking it easy, although I know you won't, for another 2 days. If you try to walk right now you will reopen the wound."

"Who said you were my caretaker?" I demand.

"Verr." Y/N was being very cooperative.

Maybe they will answer my questions about them...

"If you hate me that much, stay in bed. Once you're healed you can have nothing to do with me."

"Fine." I lay back down and allow them to feed me; it was embarrassing but no one else was there to see so, it wasn't that bad. 

"I'm going to take a shower." Y/N states, "Your shirt will be dry in about 10 minutes so I'll get that after. Please don't run off while I'm gone. I can and will track you." They smile and leave.

God, I hate this! Why does it have to be Y/N of all people? I sigh, maybe I should just leave... "Please don't run off while I'm gone. I can and will track you." The sound of running water wakes me from my thoughts and my face heats up once more. Why do I feel a rush of heat when I look them in the eyes or even think about them? Ever since that one moment - when they pulled me close to them - I feel my heart race whenever I'm near them. What is this? An Adeptus doesn't have emotions. I don't feel anything for them. Y/N is... Just an annoyance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I finally got to Xiao! This 'mighty' Adeptus can't tell Y/N is a God. The question is will he find out? If he does, how? Leave your thoughts in the comments and I might just use them! I appreciate you all and thank you for the support!

Take care